Local Medical Director – County Durham, UK
Are you a GP looking for a senior opportunity?
As the Local Medical Director you will be the lead for the clinical team for a specified cluster of medical practices. You will provide leadership and support to the operational development services, as well as offering high-quality clinical care.
It is likely you will be required to work in more than one location within your cluster of practices, although these will be in close travelling distance from one another and required to provide primary medical services through surgeries, clinics, etc.
Working with clinical colleagues to ensure the highest possible standards of care for all registered patients and provide emergency care as necessary within your practice cluster.
You will contribute to leading the planning and development as part of the Practice Teams and will be a key player in decision making and will provide professional leadership for all doctors in the cluster.
Utilising your strong networking skills to ensure representation of the primary care services within Practice Based Commissioning networks and foster integration with the local medical fraternity and other local stakeholders.
Key duties include:
- Clinical service delivery
- Professional development and sills maintenance
- Practice development and quality attainment
- Teaching and training development
- Clinician support and development
- Participation in research where appropriate
- Highly supportive management team to support clinical focus
- Close integration between clinical and management teams with each maintaining their respective areas of responsibilities
- Planning ahead and endeavouring to make primary care sustainable
- Generous remuneration with model BMA contract, matched to level of responsibility. Fairness, motivation and attitude are key to our company’s core value
- Diverse work force: trained and supported clinical pharmacist and ANPs for several years, and explored innovative posts such as physician associate to support the wider clinical team
- Constantly looking to drive innovation to meet a new era of clinical care
They have diverse businesses in pharmacies and clinical contracts (e.g. vaccination programs, anti-coagulation services, diabetic plus, clinical pharmacist pilot, research participation to name a few with various CCGs and Foundation Trusts) and are looking into other areas.
They currently have 29 practices and over 500 employees and offer job security and fluidity across different areas of responsibilities across the business.
Their aim is to attract motivated people who will provide excellent services while maintaining a good work-life balance.
To be considered for this role you must be registered with the GMC listed on the GP Register with evidence of revalidation.
To find out more, or to apply, contact Jo Hood on +44 (0)131 240 5266 or email email@example.com