Consultant Rehabilitation Specialist – Northern Territory, Australia
Some of the benefits of this job include:
- Lucrative salary package
- Beautiful and unique natural environment
- Work with a disadvantaged population group and see your contribution make a real difference
- Develop an interest in indigenous healthcare and culture
- Very friendly and social medical community
- Established, well-resourced teaching hospital with full services
- Close links to major universities
The location of this job is in Alice Springs in Australia's amazing Northern Territory – a landscape and environment offering endless adventure and unique professional opportunities.
Alice Springs Hospital is a remote regional centre. The hospital has 190 beds servicing an area of approx. 1,000,000 km2. It has strong associations with Flinders and Sydney University.
The hospital has a brand new ICU, Emergency Department, AU14m teaching auditorium, medical library and a AU45m research centre. The population served is 50,000, of whom 38% are Indigenous Australians – in an area the size of France.
The town is full of energy and progressive whilst being a friendly and relaxed community. Alice Springs is a major Australian tourist destination for visitors. This mean transport links and town facilities are excellent with daily flights to major metropolitan cities. The natural environment in the area is simply spectacular and if you love the outdoors it is a playground like no other. Gorges, canyons, waterfalls – perfect for exploring, canyoning, trekking,mountain biking etc. Alice Springs has no shortage of amenities including: Olympic sized pool, cinemas, restaurants, cafes, bars, art galleries, etc.
The Rehab service specialises in care for aboriginal peoples at the hospital but also in remote environments. The casemix is quite complex and of high acuity. Very little of the work is routine or boring.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering first class inpatient and outpatient care in the field of rehabilitation
- Continually developing and implementing policies and strategies to deliver these rehabilitation services
- Initiating, facilitating and participating in activities associated with patient care and the functioning of rehabilitation services in line with service and stakeholder objectives
- Participate in continuous medical education including undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, professional development, peer review, research, teaching, quality improvement activities and clinical audits as appropriate
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities – work with policies, procedures and guidelines
You must be eligible for unconditional specialist registration (Specialist Rehabilitation Physician) through the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency with the Medical Board of Australia. You will have specialist qualifications and Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, or equivalent.
Sensitivity to issues relating to service delivery to multi-cultural clients from a wide range of ethnic origins, in particular indigenous Australians, and a commitment to improving indigenous health. The Central Arrernte people are the traditional owners of the land here. In representing Alice Springs and this region, we pay respect to the traditional custodians, ancestors and continuing cultural, spiritual and religious practices of the Arrernte.
You will be interested in making a difference within disadvantaged population groups – but within the context of a first-class medical system, technology and support.
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we know it can also be a complex and time-consuming process. We’re specialists in international medical recruitment and have helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle, so we’ll talk through your plans and get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the medical registration and visa application processes, and support you (and any family members) with the relocation itself.
To find out more, or to apply, contact Al Spinner on +44 (0)131 240 5276 or email email@example.com
Apply for Consultant Rehabilitation Specialist – Northern Territory, Australia
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly