Consultant – Psychiatrist
Location: South East England
Job Type: Permanent
Grade / Description: Consultant
Hours: 18.75 hours per week
Salary: £150,000 pro rata
Applications Close: ASAP
Pertemps Medical are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist based in a private hospital setting in a rural environment in South East of England. The position is based in a 12 bedded Tier 4 low secure hospital for young people aged 12 – 18 years old with mental health, behavioural or psychological difficulties and an OFSTED registered school which supports the young people with educational attainment.
The successful appointee will provide high quality clinical care for patients referred to and using the services of the hospital.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Taking clinical responsibility for patients, including multidisciplinary ward rounds, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu.
- Supervising the process of referral and admission including contributing to preadmission assessments of young people
- Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to patients detained under the Mental Health Act (1983)
- Offering a psychiatric perspective to the multidisciplinary team
- Contributing to in-house training programmes
- Contributing to Management and Clinical Governance meetings
To be considered for this role or for more information regarding this or similar posts, please call Neil Bryant on 01908 533 240, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
We look forward to hearing from you.