Looking for Junior Doctor with acute medicine or oncology experience
We are seeking Junior Doctor with experience in acute medicine or oncology.
This role will work onsite in a team of RMO's, junior doctors, working in acute inpatient oncology ward looking after patients undergoing surgery, chemotherapy and immunotherapy to fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff.
- Full Time Contract.
- 42 hour working week. Shifts 8am to 8pm and 8pm to 8am
- Salary £50000 - £65000 pa dependent on skills and experience.
- Fixed Term Contract 1 Year
- Full GMC registration and at least 2 years of experience is essential
Company packages includes:
- Competitive salary,
- paid indemnity insurance,
- 5 days study leave,
- ALS Training,
- study allowance,
- medical healthcare insurance,
- contributory pension,
- onsite re validation officer,
- guaranteed annual salary review,
- life assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary) travel insurance,
- travel season ticket loan (up to the value of £10,000)
- 50% off gym membership,
- cycle to work scheme/ personal accident cover,
- childcare vouchers and dental insurance
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Participation in the primary medical care of patients admitted to ward, undertake certain medical procedures
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- To attend to patients attending the chemotherapy day unit, radiotherapy department, and private outpatient clinics as requested.
- To consent patients following explanation of procedures such as, cytotoxic chemotherapy administration, radionuclide therapy as required.
- To undertake specific tests as requested by the consultant (including, blood tests, Bone marrow examinations, lumbar punctures, paracentesis and pleural fluid aspiration).
Skills and Experience
- Primary Medical Degree, Full registration with the UK GMC,
- Acute Medicine and/or Oncology experience desirable
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of IT and computer databases
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding Team Player
If you’d like to apply or need more details, please contact Gabriela at Rig Healthcare 01423 790363/07789 755 864 email@example.com