GP – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada – Relocation allowance
Head Medical have an excellent opportunity for you to become an Edmontonian! Our client are a private clinic within Edmonton, Alberta.
The clinic is full service Family Medicine clinic offering General Health (through appointment and walk-in), Vaccinations, Chronic Disease Management, Mental Health and Minor Surgical procedures.
You MUST hold MRCGP by exam.
- You will be remunerated on a fee for service basis, this will be a 70/30 split with the clinic. Should you work a 40 hour working week seeing 35 patients per day you could expect earnings of CA$500,000 p.a. upwards (after split)
- 8 weeks holidays
- CA$5,000 relocation allowance reimbursed after 3 months
In order to practice in Alberta, Canada you will have to complete their registration process to gain your working licence by completing the following:
- IELTS (Required if you completed your medical degree outside of the UK)
- MCCEE Examination - http://mcc.ca/examinations/mccee/ (180 questions via multiple choice)
- Therapeutic Decision making examination - http://www.cpsa.ca/registration/apply-for-independent-practice/therapeutics-decision-making-exam/
- Apply to college of Physicians of Canada
- Apply to College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Work Permit / Residency
What Head Medical can do for you
Arranging a position overseas is very exciting, but we know it can also be a complex and time-consuming process. We’re specialists in international medical recruitment and have helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008 (you can read what people have said about working with us on our testimonials page). We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle, so we’ll talk through your plans and get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.
Once we have secured a job for you, we’ll manage the medical registration and visa application processes, and support you (and any family members) with the relocation itself.
To find out more, or to apply, contact Martin Merrick on +44 (0)131 240 5285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org