Consultant Cellular Pathologist
Glangwili General Hospital, Carmarthen
Salary Scale: £72,927 to £94,679 10 sessions/37.5 hours (2 additional sessions may be available per week subject to job planning)
With Commitment awards £3,204-£25,632 (awarded every 3 years, once basic scale maximum is reached)
- Replacement Consultant Cellular Pathologists needed
- Appointment to Hywel Dda University Health Board with base hospital Glangwili General Hospital, Carmarthen
- Health Board provides health care to 384,000 population across Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire
- Carmarthen situated 1.5 hours Cardiff, 2 hours Bristol and 4 hours London with airports at Cardiff and Bristol. Train links from Carmarthen to all parts UK.
- Health Board encourages and facilitates an appropriate work life balance.
- Health Board has University status with strong links to Swansea and Cardiff Universities
- Work in a department with a team of 6 international consultants – British, Irish, Czech Republic, Bulgaria and Russia.
- 23,000 surgical requests per year including major Breast, Colorectal and Urological resections while major Gynaecological, Head and Neck and upper Gastrointestinal tract resections are performed at the regional cancer centre. Neuropathology, transplant pathology, major osteoarticular pathology, cardiovascular pathology all at regional centres. We are supported by an excellent Lymphoma referral panel. Local services provide excellent endoscopic ultrasound guided aspiration specimens.
- Carmarthen is a market town and one of the oldest towns in Wales with a long history since Roman times. The town and its environs provide very good public and private schools. Leisure facilities are excellent with one of the best coastal and countryside facilities for outdoor activities whether it be sailing, rock climbing, hill walking, horse riding etc together with modern indoor leisure centres providing a wide spectrum of classes and sports. The town has major supermarket chains, large department stores and a multiplex cinema.
- West Wales boasts one of the lowest crime rates in Britain and is renowned to be one of the most beautiful places in the UK
- In Carmarthen for the price of a small London flat one can have a mansion.
- So what are you waiting for?
- Informal discussion with Dr John Murphy (00 44) 01267 227527 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates must be on the specialist register, General Medical Council, at time of taking up post or within 6 months of obtaining CCT (certificate of completion of training) or have CESR (Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration) at the time of interview.
For further details / informal visits contact: Informal discussion with Dr John Murphy (00 44) 01267 227527 or email@example.com
Alternatively, please click the apply button.
Hywel Dda University Health Board operates a bilingual policy / Mae Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Hywel Dda yn gweithredu polisi dwyieithog.
‘All applicants are invited to apply in Welsh, any application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English’.
‘Gwahoddir ymgeiswyr i wneud cais yn Gymraeg, ni fydd unrhyw gais a gyflwynir drwy gyfrwng y Gymraeg yn cael ei drin yn llai ffafriol na cheisiadau a wneir yn y Saesneg’.
By submitting your application to NHS Jobs/Trac, you are giving your consent for elements of your application data:
to be transferred to the NHS Electronic Staff Record (ESR) and other secure, internal NHS Workforce systems in order to support and manage your recruitment and employment within your employing organisation; to be used by Recruitment for purposes of checking your Professional Registration online (where applicable).
These processes are in line with Fair and Lawful processing in line with the Data Protection Act (1998) principles especially those in relation to your personal or sensitive personal data (sensitive personal data is defined as any declared physical or mental health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, trade union membership, political opinion, religious beliefs). Other principles under Data Protection will be observed such as use of data for specific, defined purposes, and use of data that is relevant and not excessive whilst practicing data accuracy and security of all held personal identifiable information (PII).
If you are successfully appointed, by completing the application form you authorise the UHB to obtain any previous NHS service details including all electronically held sickness information, via the Inter Authority Transfer process on the national Electronic Staff Record (ESR).
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.