Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics
About our Trust
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provides services from Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital—and a number of community-based services across London, such as our award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
The Trust has over 6,000 staff proudly serving a million people locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. We treat a patient every 40 seconds, performing 34,000 operations and carrying out 391,000 scans, x-rays and procedures each year. As the second largest maternity provider in the country we help deliver a baby almost every hour of the day. We have one of the lowest mortality rates in the country and 90% of our patients would recommend us to family and friends.
The Chelsea and Westminster Hospital Foundation Trust wishes to appoint a Consultant in Foot and Ankle to join the Trauma and Orthopaedic team.
The successful candidate will work 10 PA’s, as outlined in the attached Job Description.
There will be an assessment day held prior to interview. This is part of the shortlisting process and attendance will be mandatory.
Assessment day will be held on -TBC
Interviews are scheduled for 16th April 2018
For further details / informal visits contact:
Consultant Andrew Sankey Service Director trauma and Orthopeadics, email@example.com
Gareth Teakle General Manager for Planned Care
Alternatively, please click the apply button.
The Trust is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all its employees as well as maintaining a workforce that broadly reflects the local communities we serve. In accordance with the Equality Act, we welcome applications from anyone who meets the specific criteria of the post regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy, religion or belief or sexual orientation. Reasonable adjustments to the interview process can also be made for any candidates with a disability.
- The closing date given is a guide only. There may be some occasions where we have to close a vacancy once sufficient applications have been received. It is therefore advisable that you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process.
- If you have not heard from us within three weeks after the closing date, we regret that this usually means that your application was not successful.
- In submitting an application form, you authorise Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process should you be appointed to the post.
- During the recruitment process your Identity Documentation (i.e. passport, driving licence, visa, etc.) will be scanned using a device which recognises UV, Infrared and Machine Readable Zone security features of the documents provided
- Employment at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is offered subject to successful completion of a six month Probationary Period
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.