Consultant in Neurology
Exciting developments are happening in Neurology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, come join us now and be a part of our three year plan to become a Neuroscience Centre.
Norwich, voted the best city to work in the UK by the Guardian, is home to our beautiful, purpose built hospital which is the 6th largest Acute Trust in the UK. Located on the same site as Norwich Research Park and next to world renowned University of East Anglia (UEA), we are a teaching hospital with a strong focus around career development.
Integration of stroke and neurology into a Neurosciences unit features heavily in our upcoming plans as we work towards achieving closer regional networking; however we are already pushing the boundaries and developing new services.
Our achievements to date:
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital is home to a motor neuron disease care and research centre of excellence with a dedicated MND care co-ordinator.
- We already have links to the UEA with current research taking place incognitive neuroscience.
- We have recently appointed a Headache Specialist Nurse into a newly created post to further enhance patient care.
- Our epilepsy diagnostic service is expanding with a planned move into video EEG telemetry.
In Norwich a staggering 77% of people say they love their job. Although less than2 hours from London and serviced by excellent transport links, Norwich is one of few UK cities that still retain a strong local identity and with that a strong sense of community – people walk down the street and say hello to each other, baristas remember our coffee order, you get to know about interesting local projects.
This strong sense of self along with excellent shopping, eating out, affordable house prices and excellent schooling is why Norwich has been ranked by the Guardian as the best city to work in.“
Arriving in Norwich for the interview visit, I approached a bus driver to ask for directions to the bus to a B&B I had booked. After being invited to take a seat at the back of the bus, I feared that I had been forgotten about when the driver took off with the now full bus. A few hundred metres further on, the driver parked at a stop, beckoned me over and walked with me to a corner to show me where to get my bus. I have since encountered many equally friendly people in my job role and cannot imagine any better place to work and live. A safe environment to bring kids up in, good schools, large open spaces, a beautiful city and a beautiful coast line than an hour’s drive away are but a few of many extra attractions”.
Wish you were here? So do we...
We have an opening for a Neurology Consultant (vacancy reference 234-MS841, to come and join our team.
In return we can offer a suite of benefits including:
- Relocation package, leave and support
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Excellent pension scheme
- On site nursery
- Variety of onsite restaurants, cafes and deli’s
- Access to an excellent on site library
- Dedicated workplace health and well-being services including sports clubs, counselling support and discounted complimentary therapy service.
For informal enquiries please contact Dr Godwin Mamutse, Service Director Neurology on (01603) 287302.
To learn more about the Trust, please see our website at www.nnuh.nhs.uk
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion.
To view further details and apply for the posts please click the apply button.
Please attach a short CV.
Closing date: 8 April 2018.
The Advisory Appointment Committee will meet on 16 May 2018.
The Trust has an Equality and Diversity Policy, flexible working and operates a Smoke Free Policy on all sites.