Consultant Paediatrician (Community Child Health)
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust’s 2015 staff survey results are better than average in almost all areas and help rank the trust as one of the top 100 best places to work in the NHS (Health Service Journal). The Trust is the first NHS organisation in Sussex to be a ‘Living Wage Employer’. The Living Wage rate is currently £8.45 per hour. It is reviewed annually in line with the cost of living.
The Trust is signed up to the disability confident scheme and we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
Consultant Paediatrician (Community Child Health)
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join our Community Paediatric Team based in Chichester West Sussex. The historic, Cathedral City of Chichester is located near to the scenic South Downs National Park and Gatwick Airport and within close distance to London and Brighton.
The successful applicant will join a team of two other consultants (1.6 WTE), a specialty doctor and nurse specialist to participate in all aspects of core community paediatric work. The post holder will have the opportunity to take on a local or countywide lead role depending on interest and experience.
The community paediatric team is based at the Westhampnett Child Development Centre, Chichester, along with the multidisciplinary Child Development team and specialist Looked After Children’s nurses. The Centre provides a bright, spacious and family friendly environment for multidisciplinary working.
The Chichester Community Child Health Service provides services for all children resident in the Southern area of West Sussex. There are well developed links with both acute paediatric services, provided by Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust at St Richard’s Hospital and Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services which are provided by the Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
This is a 10 PA post and the post-holder will contribute to the weekday daytime child protection rota. There is also the opportunity for the post-holder to join the rota for the Sussex-wide Paediatric SARC.
We are looking for a candidate who is innovative, flexible and committed to multidisciplinary working and will actively participate in developing new approaches to the delivery of child health services.
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust is the main provider of NHS community health services across Brighton and Hove and West Sussex.
Applicants must be on the GMC Paediatric Specialist Register or have a paediatric CCT date within six months of the interview date and must be fully registered with the GMC and hold a license to practice
To arrange an informal visit or for more information about the post, please contact Dr Adeyemi Osiyemi, Lead Consultant (01243 793652) or Dr Michelle Bond Area Clinical Director (01273 265861)
For more information and to apply for this position, please click the Apply button.
Closing Date: 9 December 2017
Our Staff Benefits
There are many benefits when you work with us; here are just some of them:
- Annual Leave - Most staff receive 27 days annual leave (pro-rata for part-time staff) plus all public Bank holidays, raising to 29 days after 5 years service, 33 days after 10 years NHS service.
- Learning and Development -The Trust supports a learning culture and encourages all staff to undertake appropriate education and development opportunities. All staff are entitled to receive regular and frequent supervision, a personal development plan and an annual appraisal.
- Flexible Working - Opportunities for flexible working include: part time working; term-time only working; job sharing and annualised hours. We also offer staff time off to deal with an emergency; career breaks; maternity leave; shared maternity leave; maternity support leave; parental leave; adoption leave and leave for public services.
- Season ticket loans and bike to work scheme -We offer interest free season ticket loans for public transport and a tax efficient bike to work scheme with deductions taken from salary.
- Workplace Nurseries -We provide tax efficient workplace nurseries for children under 5 on our major sites.
- Health, Wellbeing and Fitness- Under the Better Deals for Staff scheme, we also offer staff free assistance towards the cost of eye tests. Occupational Health services include pre-employment health checks, advice on work-related health and safety matters, vaccinations for work and confidential advice and referral to counselling services. We also encourage our staff to register on our Trust Benefits siteto receive a huge range of discounts on well-known brands and retailers and at the same time generate funds for our Trust.
If you want to work flexibly and be able to choose where and when you want to work why not join the bank? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Please read our attached *Information for Applicants* before applying.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.