Consultant Liaison Psychiatrists
Would you like to work in a CQC ‘Outstanding’ rated Mental Health and Learning Disability Trust?
Do you want to make a difference in changing people’s lives?
If you are passionate about delivering excellent patient care, we are looking for you to join our Medical Workforce team. In return you will get to work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, receive superb training and development
opportunities and excellent staff benefits (including a relocation package).
Due to expansion of our flagship psychiatric liaison services, we are seeking 4 Consultant Liaison Psychiatrists in both working age adult and older people’s services with a competitive salary of £76,761 to £103,490 (or pro-rata) depending on experience.
1. Northumberland Working Age Adult Psychiatric Liaison Team (16-65 years); 10 PAs (including 2-2.5SPAs): This post is based with the Northumberland Psychiatric Liaison Team at the new, state-of- the-art Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital at Cramlington,
2. Northumberland Older Peoples Team (over 65 years); 8PAs (including 2 SPAs). This post will be based with the Northumberland Psychiatric Liaison Team at Wansbeck General Hospital, Northumberland.
3. Newcastle Older People’s Psychiatric Liaison Team; 10 PAs (including 2-2.5 SPAs)
4. Gateshead Working Age Adult Team (16-65 years); 6 PAs (including 1.5 SPAs)
Applicants should be on the Specialist Register or be within 6 months of obtaining CCT. The candidate should be suitably qualified, including eligibility for Section 12 Approval and Approved Clinician status.
As a CQC ‘outstanding’ and well-established Mental Health and Learning Disability Foundation Trust, we can offer a wide range of support and opportunities including:
- An innovative, flexible approach to job planning to ensure and optimise work-life balance.
- Dedicated and protected SPA time.
- Excellent staff benefits
- Excellent Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and study leave arrangements as well as research, teaching and service development opportunities. The Trust has strong links with local universities, support academic departments in association with Newcastle, Durham and Northumbria Universities in teaching, training and research and provide national specialist services with international recognition.
- Flexible relocation package
- Focus on staff health and wellbeing support, e.g. on site gyms, occupational and wellbeing support.
- A mix of contemporary and historic buildings and state of the art working environments and facilities.
- A Global Digital Exemplar for Mental Health.
The Trust is located in the North East of England which is an area of outstanding natural beauty, containing national parks and ancient heritage sites, as well as comprising of three major cities – Newcastle upon Tyne, Sunderland and Durham – with strong and vibrant regional cultures, cuisine
and entertainment. We have excellent national and international transport links on the doorstep (Newcastle International Airport) with each city no more than three hours from London by train. The North East is one of the best value regions for housing, public transport and parking in the UK and
offers an excellent standard of living with outstanding schools and Universities.
If you require any additional information or would like to arrange an informal visit then please contact Dr Sarah Brown on 0191 282 4842 or via email email@example.com. The team are happy to discuss details of the post with candidates.
For more information and to apply for this position, please click the Apply button
Closing date: 6 November 2017