Specialty Doctor Opportunity
Specialty Doctor Opportunity - Milton Keynes
Annual Salary: £75,000
Hours per week: 37.5 (with 1:6 participation in on-call rota)
Chadwick Lodge is centrally located in Milton Keynes, just off the M1 and within driving distance from London as well as the Midlands. The
hospital offers care to male and female patients, in medium and low security, as well as locked rehabilitation, with a range of specialist
treatment options like Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, sex offender treatment as well as arson treatment programmes. The hospital accepts
patients from all parts of the UK.
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- Continuous learning and development
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Childcare vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Career development
- Employee Assistance Services
- Voluntary Benefits
- Experience working in mental health
- Appropriate experience of working in secure services
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
- GMC Registration and Licence to Practice
- Appraisal or RITA in last year
- Good standing with The Royal College of Psychiatrists for CPD
- Working closely with the unit’s multi-disciplinary team, including the Consultant, to ensure that patients receive a holistic and person-centric treatment programme based on the recovery model.
- Undertaking psychiatric and external assessments for clients referred to the unit to determine the appropriate level of care to be provided, under the direction and supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist, and work with the unit multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of the Care Programme.
- Preparing discharge summaries, reports and other associated documentation as necessary
- Participating in Clinical Governance activities, and account for contracted hours utilised in research, Continuing Professional Development and other non-clinical duties as necessary and in a timely manner
- Supporting the Practice Nurse and GP in delivering a consistently high standard of medical care to all patients on site.
- Sharing responsibility for taking bloods with the Practice Nurse as required.
- Ensuring physical observations by ward staff are carried out in accordance with medical instructions. Reviewing physical observation findings and acting upon them in a clinically appropriate manner.
To discuss the role further or to have an informal conversation, please feel free to ring Dr Piyal Sen, Medical Director, on 01908 593 000.
To apply please click the apply button.