Associate Director in Public Health Medicine/Associate Director in Public Health
7 days left
- Full Time
This post is an exciting opportunity to lead the Public health team in Argyll and Bute and to contribute to the wider public health Directorate in NHS Highland.
The post will be professionally accountable to the Director of Public Health and Policy, NHS Highland, with day to day management by the Chief Officer, Argyll & Bute Health and Social Care Partnership. You will be a professional advisor and member of the Argyll and Bute Integrated Joint Board.
The key tasks you will lead on include:
• Contribute to the Strategic Management Team for Argyll and Bute
• Provide professional advice to the Integrated Joint Board
• Provide advice to and contribute to the leadership of the Community Planning Partnership
• Lead the public health team in Argyll and Bute
• Contribute to the Senior Public Health Leadership Team in NHS Highland
• Manage local budgets
• Contribute to Health Protection function in NHS Highland
• Liaise with Board coordinators for screening and immunisation
• Provide leadership to the Argyll and Bute Drug and Alcohol Partnership
• Lead on emergency planning and business continuity in Argyll and Bute IJB
• Maintain close working relationship with NHS, council and third sector partners
• Ensure effective links with health board information governance systems
Flexible leadership style, strategic thinking, collaborative team working, a strong ethical framework and an understanding of the challenges of working in remote and rural areas are essential features of this post.
Medical applicants should be on the Specialist Register of the GMC for Public Health Medicine or, if in a specialist training programme, be within 6 months of obtaining this at time of interview. Applicants from a background other than medicine should be on the UKPHR or, if in a specialist training programme, be within 6 months of obtaining this at time of interview.
Interested candidates are strongly advised to make contact for informal discussion with both Christina West, Chief Officer, Argyll & Bute Health and Social Care Partnership on 01546 605646 and Professor Hugo van Woerden, Director of Public Health and Policy, NHS Highland on 01463 704946.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference no. MS15.17.11a.
For more information and to apply for this position, please click the Apply button
Closing date for completed applications is Tuesday 24 October 2017.
Interviews for this post will be held on Wednesday 15 November 2017.
Candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria will be guaranteed an interview