Multiple Opportunities for Consultants in the Maldives!
Have you ever dreamed of working close to tropical waters where you can have the opportunity to dive, snorkel, swim and spend your free time exploring sun drenched and isolated reefs?
We are excited to be working in partnership with a private hospital in the Maldives that is planning to transform the healthcare landscape of this stunning archipelago.
The hospital, is targeted to open in October 2017 and will be a world class tertiary hospital and it’s aim is to improve the health standard of people living in the Maldives. If you think you may be available to commit to a 2-year contract or longer, please get in touch with me for further details.
What’s on offer?
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- Employment in a brand new hospital with modern facilities
- Generous tax-free salary package (salary level will be based on experience) with option to earn commission
- Accommodation provided, close to the hospital
- Meals provided while working in the hospital
- Opportunity to be part of a historical first
- Relatively quick medical registration process
- Two year contracts available – option to stay longer
- Flexible start date
- 30 days annual leave, plus circa 15 days public holidays
- CME allowance and leave
- Cardiac Anaesthetist
- Nephrology & Dialysis
- Thoracic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Cardiac ICU
Please note the hospital follows a 6-day working week pattern with Friday as your weekly day off. The working day is 8 hours per day with 1 hour for lunch. Translation services are on hand to assist with non-English speaking patients.
Can I take my family?
Hulhumale is a small island, therefore space as at a premium! The accommodation provided will be brand new one-bedroom apartments, which are a 3-minute walk from the hospital. If you would like to take your family, you may have the option to rent privately (with financial support from the hospital up to the value of the 1-bedroom accommodation).
There are also some international schools in the Maldives which are very affordable and offer a good standard of education so please ask me for further information if you are thinking of moving your family with you.
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Western Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
Head Medical are the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008. We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.