Consultant Psychiatrist (Adult Community and Inpatient Acute)
7 days left
- Full Time
A great place to work, a great place to live
Adult Community and Inpatient Acute wards in Norwich continue to develop, leading to the opportunity for a community based Consultant Psychiatrist.
We are immensely proud of our staff and their passion, professionalism and dedication to change people’s lives. If you share that passion, if you too want to make a difference, then come and join us. In return you will get to work with a great team, with superb training and development opportunities, and excellent staff benefits (including relocation package?).
NSFT is the main provider of specialist mental health, psychological therapies, drugs and alcohol and learning disability services for the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk, serving a population of 1.6 million, across seven CCGs, with an annual turnover of £220m.
Top reasons to come and work in Psychiatry in Norwich/Norfolk:
1. Up to £5,000 relocation package upon commencement in post.
2. According to a study by uSwitch, Norfolk is one of the top ten places to raise a family in the UK.
3. Quality of living for doctors working in Norwich is high with areas of outstanding beauty and access to the culture and charm of this county. The city of Norwich is wonderful to explore and experience. Its phrase ‘see, shop, eat, stay’ is so very true. (London is closer than you think, 1 ¾ hours)
4. Significant financial investments services, including an award winning police liaison services, further developing mental health A&E liaison and an enhancement of Sct 136 facilities to provide an improved experience for service users.
5. Part time or dual role applications welcomed, including flexible working patterns.
6. There are numerous teaching opportunities available at the medical school, University of East Anglia.
7. NSFT is leading on numerous studies to support the development of research and evaluation. The service is well connected to national and international academics in the field.
8. The opportunity for Consultant Psychiatrists to continue to present and exchange ideas with other key opinion leaders within the UK and overseas.
9. We will support the training, study time and costs associated with achieving article 14 and RC/AC status.
10. Strong partnership working with other third sector providers and stakeholders.
11. Protected time of 25% SPA per week
NSFT place a strong emphasis on Recovery - we set up a Recovery College in October 2013 to empower people with mental health problems to become experts in their own recovery. The Recovery College provides a range of courses and workshops to service users, carers and members of staff to develop their skills, understand mental health, identify goals and support their access to opportunities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Consultant Psychiatrist to join one of our New Community Mental Health Teams in North Norfolk. Our community mental health services have recently completed a program of transformation, after careful consultation with service users, General Practice colleges and front line staff.
This has resulted in improvements to clinical leadership, better team working, and a more productive working relationship with primary care
The Consultant Psychiatrist, Clinical Team Leader and Nurse Specialist will work closely together, to provide high quality care and deliver the Trusts Clinical Strategy.
The successful applicant must have a thorough understanding of the principles of Recovery and demonstrate a positive attitude to working with people with complex mental health needs and their carers.
The post holder must be registered with the GMC, possess a license to practice and the consultant post holder must have S12 (2) approval. The post holder must also have an entry on the GMC Specialist Register (CCST) in General Adult Psychiatry for the General Adult Community Post (or within three months of completion of CCT).
An initial Skype interview is available for overseas candidates.
If you think this could be for you, we would like to invite candidates to spend time with the team prior to interview, getting know them and the Service they provide to the community and stakeholders.
For further details / informal visits contact:
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit for the consultant position, we would encourage you to contact Gary Hazelden, Locality Manager, on email@example.com or 01603 421 113.
To apply, please click the apply button. You can also download a Job Description from the link below.