NIHR Academic Clinical Fellowships 2018
HEE SW/Severn Postgraduate Medical Education in collaboration with the
University of Bristol is offering 3 year (4 years for GP) NIHR ACF programmes in the following specialties commencing August 2018. This NHS/academic partnership has a strong track record in developing clinical academics in a range of specialties whereby all trainees take advantage of the high quality research methods training and membership of the bespoke Clinical Academic Training school.
- General Practice (ST1)
- Gastroenterology (ST3)
- Ophthalmology (ST3)
- Combined Infection Training (medical microbiology) (ST3)
- Respiratory medicine (ST3)/Obstetrics & Gynaecology (ST2/3)
- Trauma and Orthopaedics (ST3)
In addition, we have 4 ACF posts aligned to the following themes:
- Platform Science “omics” and Bioinformatics – renal medicine (ST3)
- or paediatrics (ST1, 2, 3).
- Platform Science “omics” and Bioinformatics – general practice (ST1)
- Therapeutics or Clinical Pharmacology – cardiology or renal medicine
- Dementia – urology or neurology (ST3)
Potential applicants are invited to visit the Severn Postgraduate
Medical Education website, www.severndeanery.nhs.uk/recruitment/
vacancies/ to obtain further details of the different posts and the
Successful applicants for these posts will be required to go through national
selection if they do not already hold an NTN in the specialty.
The University of Bristol is committed to equality and we value the diversity of our staff and students.