Want to work as a GP in Australia, Get the best advice and support with your international move.
Want to work as a GP in Australia? Make sure you get the best advice and support as you transition your life to Australia.
- Privately owned, or a large corporate practice? We will explain the pro’s and con’s
- Contract advice – what’s normal and what to look out for when considering offers?
- Free recruitment and relocation service for GPs
Over the past 7 years, Alecto Australia has helped over 200 UK GPs make the transition to Australia. We understand that moving to Australia is a big step, but we know how to make it easier as well! That’s why we have consultants on the ground (UK and Australia) offering support to our GPs - from beginning to end.
Providing the best recruitment advice and support:
Our recruitment consultants help answer some of the important questions that often get lost in job hunting process. Where are the best areas to live? What schools are the best? Where are the suburbs that should be avoided?
We pride ourselves on being “matchmakers” – trying to find the best match for each GP and their family. In fact, in most cases, we would only send your CV to 2 or 3 really well-matched practices that we think will be a great cultural fit. We don’t spam your CV out to every practice on our books and hope for a good outcome!
Our in-depth knowledge of life as a GP in Australia helps us advise you on:
- Potential earnings as a GP in your 1st, 2nd and subsequent years in Australia
- Employment contract advice – what’s normal, and what to avoid when considering offers.
- Explaining the difference between working for a Corporate or privately owned medial practice
- NHS vs Medicare – what do the differences mean for you?
- The best places to live regardless of whether you are single, in a relationship, or moving with children.
- Unique exemptions to get around district of workforce shortage restrictions (DWS, also known as 19AB)
And with over 100 vacancies around Australia we are confident of matching you with the best job for you.
Free registration support:
While you are still in the UK, our registration consultant is there to help you navigate the paperwork required in the lead-up to working in Australia. When you arrive, we will ensure that you are a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP), ready to bill your first patients at the full, non-discounted rate.
We will help you to:
- Get to Australia faster and with less work and hassle. Our experience Keep you on track with lodging time sensitive applications
- Work in Australia as a GP with the Australian College of General Practitioners
- Get a suitable 19AB exemption from DWS, where applicable (for example a spousal exemption)
Support when you arrive in Australia:
When you arrive in Australia it is likely that you will meet one of our staff who will assist, or connect you with people who can help with the important tasks:
- Setting up bank accounts
- Applying for a tax file number
- Setting up your ‘business’ so you can work as a contractor
- Applying for Medical Indemnity Insurance
- Migration planning – applying for Permanent Residency
- Accessing finance for purchasing a car or a house
- Transferring UK Pensions
- Financial planning
We can help with your full transition to Australia, not just finding you a job!
Apply for Want to work as a GP in Australia, Get the best advice and support with your international move.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly