Starten Sie Ihre Mission beim DLR.
The German Aerospace Center DLR has a dual mandate as the national research center for aeronautics and space, and as the space agency of the German federal government. Approximately 8,000 people work for DLR on a uniquely diverse range of topics spanning the fields of aeronautics, space, energy, transport and security research. They collaborate on projects extending from fundamental research to the development of the innovative applications and products of the future. If the idea of joining a top-class team of researchers working in a supportive, inspirational environment appeals to you, then why not launch your mission with us?
For our DLR Institute of Aerospace Medicine in Cologne, we wish to recruit a qualified
Improving Health Span in Space and on Earth
The DLR Institute of Aerospace Medicine conducts interdisciplinary biomedical and psychological research. Our goal is to improve human health span and performance in space, in aviation, and on earth. The Institute with its unique research facility "envihab"(environmental habitat) is an internationally leading center for integrative life science research using innovative ideas to meet central current and future challenges in medicine.
We wish to recruit three Research Physicians for the Departments of
- Cardiovascular Aerospace Medicine
- Sleep and Human-Factors Research
- Muscle and Bone Metabolism
- an innovative interdisciplinary environment with unique research possibilities in aero-space medicine
- a responsible position in an interdisciplinary team
- further medical training opportunities (e. g. specialist for physiology)
- adequate payment
- additional specialty or subspecialty training as arranged with nearby cooperating clinical departments
- providing medical care for patients and test persons
- designing, planning, and evaluating various human research studies
- conducting sophisticated studies involving patients and test persons in the respective research field
- participating in research projects of the Institute
- active participation in further training
- publication of research results
We expect clinical and scientific expertise in medical specialties corresponding to your depart-ment of interest, for instance: internal medicine, high altitude physiology, pneumology, anesthesiology, cardiovascular medicine, sleep physiology, endocrinology, orthopedics, radiology, or emergency medicine.
- a completed degree in medicine (M.D.) is a prerequisite as is a license to practice medicine in Germany (Approbation)
- high commitment to the job
- high interest in interdisciplinary teamwork
- working experience in statistical analytical software desirable
- good knowledge of German and English (spoken and written)
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Reconciling family and working life as well as equal opportunities for women and men are an integral part of our HR policy. We therefore strongly encourage applications from women. Disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
If you have any questions concerning specific aspects of the job, please contact Prof. Dr. med. Jens Jordan by calling +49 2203 601-3115. Please find further information on this vacancy with the reference number 11079, and details regarding the application procedure, at www.DLR.de/dlr/jobs/#23656.