Associate Professor/Professor of Medicine
Royal Perth Hospital and Curtin University
Applications are invited for appointment to the position of Associate Professor/Professor of Medicine jointly between Curtin University and Royal Perth Hospital. The position provides a challenging opportunity for a suitably qualified person who is early or mid-career as a clinician researcher with established success in competitive grants and a growing reputation on the international stage.
Applicants must hold appropriate higher qualifications and be registered or eligible for registration in Western Australia. The appointee will take a full range of academic responsibilities for research, undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, supervision, and clinical responsibilities in the area of their specialty.
The appointment will be fixed-term for five years in the first instance with the possibility for further periods and includes limited rights of private practice or election to a private practice allowance. The appointee will be offered an attractive remuneration package that includes professorial and hospital salaries and a clinical loading. Benefits will also include generous leave provisions, superannuation and relocation assistance (if applicable) for the appointee and dependents.
The occupant will be employed under the WA Health System Medical Practitioners, Australian Medical Association Industrial Agreement 2016, and subject to all conditions within it.
The role is primarily to engage in medical research of national and international calibre and is required to attract research funding at a national competitive level. The occupant will develop and foster research networks with Curtin University and Royal Perth Hospital, as well as supervise research students at postgraduate and undergraduate level at Curtin University.
The occupant will deliver high quality and innovative teaching and a commitment to the scholarly development and delivery of high quality educational courses. A small teaching/student mentoring/supervision role for Curtin Medical School students will be provided by the incumbent.
The occupant will provide 3 clinical sessions per week (a clinical session being nominally of 4-hours duration) in their chosen specialisation at Royal Perth Hospital.
Compliance with all relevant legislation including those for employees of Curtin University and Royal Perth Hospital is necessary, as is the requirement to work at both the RPH and Curtin campuses.
The applicant must have the following:
1. The appointee must be registerable with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency as a medical practitioner
2. The appointee must have a Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians or be eligible for recognition of their specialist qualifications by the Royal Australasian College of Physicians as substantially comparable.
3. The appointee must have a higher research degree
4. The appointee must have a track record of achievement in and commitment to excellence in teaching and mentorship
5. The appointee must have a track record of producing high quality research as demonstrated by both publications and grant funding
6. The appointee will have developed an international reputation in their field (i.e as demonstrated by invited presentations, membership of international committees etc)
7. The appointee will have a track record of being able to work in and foster research teams across a broad range of disciplines
Application Instructions: We encourage you to read the job related information and application instructions before applying directly online at: https://search.jobs.wa.gov.au/page.php?pageID=160&windowUID=0&AdvertID=208743 or click the apply button.
Incomplete or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Royal Perth Hospital will only accept applications that are lodged with the express permission of the applicant and containing all necessary information, including personal contact details. We will not accept unsolicited applications or CV’s from Recruitment Agencies and/or search firms and will not pay fees to any such organisation unless arranged between site HR and the provider.
Check your eligibility for registration with the Medical Board of Australia at www.medicalboard.gov.au
For further information: Contact the WA Department of Health’s London office on 020 7395 0575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org