Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedics with Special Interest in Foot and Ankle Surgery
Pertemps are pleased to offer this fixed term post of Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedics with a Special Interest in Foot and Ankle Surgery. Applications are invited to join this excellent multidisciplinary team, including 2 Staff Grades, 1 Associate Specialist and 1 Nurse Specialist.
The successful applicant will:
- Work with colleagues to provide a Consultant led service of the highest standard of care.
- Work with the multi-professional team to develop care pathways and clinical guidelines
- Develop and maintain good working practices within wards, outpatients & A&E
- Collaborate and promote close working links with colleagues in tertiary centres, community services and primary care.
- Offer support and leadership to junior medical colleagues, nursing colleagues and other members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Pursue a special interest that is compatible and complimentary with those of their colleagues.
Main Clinical Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be expected to participate in and share responsibility with the existing Consultants for:
- The clinical workload of the department and service development
- The planning and development of the Orthopaedic service
- The maintenance of professional and educational links with partner hospitals
- The development of the Orthogeriatric service with Physician colleagues for the Care of the Elderly Department
- The department’s move towards computerisation of departmental records
You will be required to hold FRCS Orth or equivalent, full GMC registration, and applicants should ideally be on the Specialist Register with a licence to practice.
We look forward to hearing from you.