Multiple Opportunities for Consultants in the Maldives!
Have you ever dreamed of working close to tropical waters where you can have the opportunity to dive, snorkel, swim and spend your weekends exploring sun drenched and isolated reefs?
We are excited to be working in partnership with a private hospital in the Maldives that is planning to transform the healthcare landscape of this stunning archipelago.
The hospital, is targeted to open in October 2017 and will be a world class tertiary hospital and it’s aim is to improve the health standard of people living in the Maldives. If you think you may be available to commit to a 2-year contract or longer, please get in touch with me for further details.
What’s on offer?
- Working with doctors from all over the world
- Employment in a brand new hospital with state of the art facilities
- Generous tax-free salary package (salary level will be based on experience) with option to earn commission
- Accommodation provided, close to the hospital (please note accommodation will be a 1-bedroom apartment so not suitable for families)
- Meals provided while working in the hospital
- Opportunity to be part of a historical first
- Relatively quick medical registration process
- Two year contracts available – option to stay longer
- Flexible start date
- 30 days annual leave, plus CIRCA 10 days public holidays
- CME allowance and leave
- Intensive Care
- Nephrology & Dialysis
- Dermatology and Venerology
- Interventional Radiology
- Emergency Medicine
Please note the hospital follows a 6-day working week pattern with Friday as your weekly day off. The working day is 8 hours per day with 1 hour for lunch. Translation services are on hand to assist with non-English speaking patients.
Can I take my family?
Male is the most densely populated city in the world, therefore space as at a premium! The accommodation provided will be brand new one-bedroom apartments, which are approx. a 3-minute walk from the hospital.
There are no international schools that provide secondary education in the Maldives and the accommodation is only really suitable for 1-2 persons therefore taking your family is not really an option for this opportunity.
Are there any age restrictions for gaining a work permit?
The mandatory retirement age in the Maldives is 65, therefore candidates should be no older than 63 years of age, at time of starting to be able to fulfil the 2-year contract.
- Certification by one of the medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Specialist Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship with the Hong Kong Academy or College (FHKAM, FHKAM etc)
- Specialist certification from Singapore or Korea
- Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT or CCST) awarded by a competent authority of the UK or Ireland
- Certification by one of the Royal Colleges in Australia
- Specialist medical qualification from Western Europe
- Fellowship of the Royal college of Physicians of South Africa
Head Medical are the UK's specialist in international medical recruitment and we‘ve helped many doctors relocate since we first started out in 2008. We know it’s important to balance career opportunities with lifestyle and we’ll talk through your plans and will get to know you to make sure we find the right role in the right location.