Emergency Medicine Consultant
A Consultant in Emergency Medicine is sought for a public hospital in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. The Emergency Medicine Department is managed by a private healthcare company tasked with implementing North American standards of services and quality control.
The department has 270 patient visits per day and is staffed by a Clinical Director and 9 Consultants supported by a team of specialists and residents.
- Medical Doctor degree or recognized equivalent
- Post-Graduate qualification in Emergency Medicine
- Active membership in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Emergency Medicine, or The College of Family Physicians of Canada,
- CCFP(EM) or equivalent
- Active Registration to Practice Medicine within specialty from country of origin or country of last practice
- Current ACLS certification.
- Will be required to obtain ATLS certification within a given time period
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in an active treatment hospital within his/her
- Ability to handle and lead the clinical management of complex and critical
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Arabic considered as a plus
- Able to develop good interpersonal relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible to needs of the service
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple events in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a dynamic and high stressenvironment;
- High degree of diplomacy, tact and confidentiality in role
- Ability to handle a wide variety of responsibility and deal with individuals at all levels
- Strong customer service orientation
- Other skills as may be required for the position
- Salary AED 61K per month tax free
- Accommodation - 3 bedroom apartment provided rent free
- Health care cover for family
- School fees for children under age 18
- Flights for family
Start Date: September 2017 or as soon as possible after.