Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) Specialist
Consider joining the largest health care delivery system in southern Saskatchewan!
The Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region (RQHR):
- includes two acute care facilities, one rehabilitation facility, seven rural hospitals and a highly integrated community program
- employs over 9000 staff and privileges over 600 physicians
- fosters the opportunity for clinical work, research, teaching and academic appointments with the University of Saskatchewan
- new Dilawri Simulation Centre, giving both health care providers and students a chance to develop and hone their skills in a safe and realistic environment
Benefits of living in Regina, Saskatchewan:
- working to achieve a balanced lifestyle for staff and physicians
- convenient transportation with less than 20 minute average commute
- only 45 minutes to cottage country
- urban amenities with the warmth and friendliness of a small town
- a wide range of outdoor activities, music, sport and cultural amenities
- enjoyment of the largest urban park in North America
- excellent public/catholic and culturally robust school systems; strong International Baccalaureate Program
For information or to submit a CV, please contact: Kimberly Merk, Coordinator, Physician Recruitment & Retention Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region. Telephone 306.766.0743. Fax 306.766.3459
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively please click the apply button.
Better Health, Better Care, Better Value and Better Teams –
Putting our Patients First .
The Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region requires the services of a dynamic and team oriented Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) Specialist to fill a full-time contracted position.
Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist:
The successful applicant will conduct diagnostic procedures, consultations, management of pregnancies with concurrent diseases of the pregnant woman. These will include diabetes in pregnancy clinics, care plans for complex high risk pregnancies, care of women with substance use problems, diagnosis and management of anomalies, evaluation of teratogen exposures and of genetic risks. They will devise and help implement practice guidelines for optimal obstetrics care. Candidates will participate in the 24x7 obstetrical on-call system.
The physician is eligible for a clinical appointment with the University of Saskatchewan and would be involved in the teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate medical students and in the provision of continuing medical education within the province.
Successful candidates will hold certification or be eligible for certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, have completed a MFM fellowship and be eligible for provisional or full licensure to practice in Saskatchewan. Preference will be given to candidates with academic and research experience. In accordance with immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
For complete descriptions please visit www.rqhealth.ca