Consultant Community Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist (2 posts)
A great place to work, a great place to live
Consultant Community Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist (2 posts) -
Child & Family Team (0-14 years) & Youth Team (14-17 years).
We are seeking to recruit two substantive (10PA) Consultant Community Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists to join our established Child & Family and Youth teams one based in the Ipswich Youth team, and the second in the Stowmarket Youth team and Child and Family team (East Suffolk).
We are looking for individuals who are committed to delivering high quality care and who are willing and able to lead the team alongside the Clinical Team Leader and multi-disciplinary team to deliver our clinical strategy. The successful applicant will be able to evidence delivering high quality clinical care and have a positive attitude toward working with young people, their families and other agencies involved in their care.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals with excellent communication skills who will support well established multi-disciplinary teams committed to improving services for Children and Adolescents.
Our Child & Family and Youth Teams would like to invite candidates to spend time with them prior to interview, getting to know the teams and to understand the service they provide to the community. There is opportunity for teaching and training through The University of East Anglia which is encouraged and supported. Both posts contain an on-call commitment.
Reasons to work in Suffolk:
- £5,000 relocation package for all positions.
- London is only 60 minutes away. Suffolk has excellent links to the rest of the UK and Worldwide with Stanstead and Norwich Airports, train and road.
- Quality of living for staff working in Suffolk is high with some of the lowest crime rates in the country, areas of outstanding beauty, award winning coast lines and access to the culture and charm of this county. Suffolk contains a number of villages and market towns along with the county town of Ipswich.
- There are numerous teaching opportunities available, both at postgraduate and undergraduate level, at the medical school, University of East Anglia.
- The opportunity to be part of a vibrant wider CAMHS and Youth network which meets for business purposes and for continued professional development.
- NSFT is leading on numerous studies to support the development of research and evaluation. The service is well connected to national and international academics in the field.
- The opportunity for Consultant Psychiatrists to continue to present and exchange ideas with other key opinion leaders within the UK and overseas.
- Flexible working patterns.
- Strong partnership working with other third party providers and stakeholders.
NSFT is the main provider of primary and specialist mental health, psychological therapies, drugs and alcohol and learning disability services for the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk. NSFT serves a population of 1.6 million, with an annual turnover of £220m. Our vision is to support and enable people with mental health problems, or who need to improve their well-being, to live a fulfilling life and make their personal recovery journey.
Our Child & Family and Youth Teams cover the full range of mental health presentations for the population aged up to 25 years (including ADHD) The teams seek to improve continuity of care when most serious mental health issues emerge and avoiding transitions at 18 years (The Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist’s responsibility is for under 18s only.) We deliver high quality care and involve children, young people and their families in everything that we do.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Simon Leach on 07733 123174 or
Dr Viv Peeler on 01473 891810
For supplementary documents, please click on the links below.
To apply, please click the apply button.