Consultant in Microbiology
The Royal Oldham hospital
£76,761 PA TO £103,490 PA (dependent on experience)
The Microbiology Consultant team at The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust are looking to appoint a fellow Microbiology Consultant to join them in their state of the art Pathology lab located at The Royal Oldham Hospital.
The Microbiology Department is housed in a purpose built laboratory providing a comprehensive clinical and diagnostic service across the Trust. We are CPA Accredited, have IBMS and RCPath Training Approval and are currently awaiting award of ISO Accreditation. Each Consultant has their own private office space and access to a full admin support team.
The post includes the Infection Control Doctor responsibilities, shared with colleagues, providing you with an exciting opportunity to help develop further the Infection Control Service for the Trust.
You will join a Microbiology team that provides a robust quality diagnostic interpretative and clinical services for both microbiology and virology; working closely with GPs, hospital clinicians and other healthcare professionals across the Pennine footprint.
PUTTING YOUR NEEDS UNDER THE MICROSCOPE
We commit to providing you with:
- A welcoming consultant team with clear vision for the continued success of their department
- Support for personal development utilising our strong links with external stakeholders
- A flexible approach to job planning that delivers a working environment to best suit all members of the team
- Opportunities to work with other local organisations to enhance skills and experience
- Participation and support with local and national clinical trials
- A support team that are professional and efficient and always willing to help
- The role will see you working across the four hospital sites of Pennine Acute NHS Trust in North East Manchester offering a comprehensive range of clinical disciplines
YOUR VALUED CONTRIBUTION
This post provides an excellent opportunity to work with multi-disciplinary teams from a range of specialties so you will be someone who can create great relationships quickly and be adept at utilising the skills of colleagues from other specialties within the organisation and the community to provide a fully holistic approach to patient care.
You’ll be someone who remains calm under pressure, with an ability to take charge when needed with an encouraging and supportive approach. Your attention to detail and clear passion for delivering an efficient, high quality service will stand you out from the crowd.
We would welcome the chance to introduce you to our team and show you around our state of the art facility. To arrange an informal visit or conversation please contact:
Dr I Cartmill, Consultant Microbiologist on 0161 627 8056,email: email@example.com or Dr M Przybylo, Consultant Microbiologist on 0161 778 5059, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr J Paul, Consultant Virologist on 0161 656 1673, email: email@example.com
To submit an application, please click the apply button and search via the reference number 352-CONMICRO-M35
Closing Date: Saturday 26 August 2017
Interview Date: w/c Monday 2 October 2017
We are an equal opportunities employer, positive about disabled people and a no smoking organisation.