Based at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary/Dr Gray’s Hospital, Elgin, North East Scotland
Consultant Radiologist, Dr Grays Hospital, Elgin x 1 post: Ref PR17528
Due to a restructuring and service redesign, NHS Grampian Radiology Department are now in a position to recruit 8 Consultant Radiologists.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and motivated Consultant Radiologists to join our friendly dynamic department of 27 Consultants and 17 Specialty Registrars providing a comprehensive Radiology service. This is an exciting opportunity for the right people as there is excellent opportunity for further service development.
Why work for us – NHS Grampian Radiology Department?
- We provide patient centred comprehensive imaging services to more than 620,000 people living in Grampian, Orkney and Shetland.
- NHS Grampian’s Foresterhill Hospital Site is one of the largest in Scotland, currently undergoing £120million + renovation investment programme. You can contribute to the development of the NE Scotland Major Trauma Centre and Elective Care service.
- The department operates a fully integrated Scotland wide PACS with integrated Voice Recognition software.
- This is a great opportunity for you to develop your career within a progressive department.
- Close links to Aberdeen University, including the award winning Medical School and trail-blazing research facilitates. We are a Teaching Board.
- Attractive relocation package with advice and support on relocation, including looking at employment opportunities for your partner and pastoral care to help you settle in.
- North East Scotland is diverse, offering both a lively and cosmopolitan scene as well as a more relaxed pace of life. We have beautiful parks and gardens as well as sandy beaches all around the coast. We are at the doorstep of the Grampian Mountains, with opportunities to explore Royal Deeside and the castle trails.
- Award winning restaurants and cafe bars and great shopping in Aberdeen. Independent shopping opportunities to explore across Grampian for local produce, craft and not forgetting our world famous distilleries.
- Excellent range of schools, both private and highly performing comprehensives, as well as a huge range of extra-curricular activities.• Wide range of housing opportunities from remote country cottages, to top of the range city housing to suit a range of budget. All within easy commute to either Dr Grays Hospital or Foresterhill.
- North East Scotland has the lowest crime rates in Scotland.
- You will enjoy the benefits of a progressive friendly department, a fantastic region to live in and a very desirable work life balance.
All successful candidates will be expected to undertake a share of the general department workload and participate in the monthly visits rota to NHS Orkney and Shetland and the general on-call rota, which is currently 1 in 16, but under review. The Interventional Radiology rota is separate to the general rota. Full registration with a licence to practise with the GMC is required before commencement of your employment, or evidence you are working towards it. For more information visit: www.gmc-uk.org
Applications are welcome from UK or EEA Nationals as well as non-UK and non-EEA Nationals. NHS Grampian holds an “A” rated Licence to Sponsor overseas nationals under Tier 2 visa arrangements. Those trained in the UK should have evidence of higher specialist training leading to CCT or be within 6 months of confirmed entry from date of interview or eligibility for specialist registration (CESR).
Interested? A webinar has been arranged to discuss what the NHS Grampian Radiology department has to offer, meet senior staff and view a presentation about the department. This is planned for Monday 21st August at 13:00 BST or 15:00 BST. If you would like to join this webinar to find out more about the posts please email the Unit Operational Manager, Grace Ball (email@example.com) who will send you instructions how to join.
Further information can be obtained and an appointment to view the Department arranged by contacting Dr Shonagh Walker, Unit Clinical Director on 01224 552176 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs Grace Ball, Unit Operational Manager for Radiology on 01224 553517 (email@example.com)
To apply for this post please click the apply button and quote the appropriate ref number.
Closing date is 25th August 2017.
Join our team... for more information: