Clinical Teaching Fellows (Education and Scholarship)
University of Exeter Medical School & The Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
We are recruiting for multiple Clinical Teaching Fellows to join Exeter Medical School in August 2017.
These posts offer a unique and exciting chance for you to combine an extensive teaching role at Exeter Medical School with positions in core medical training, core surgical training or cardiology at our neighbouring partner trust, the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust (RDE). These will be invaluable posts for those who enjoy and value teaching, and who see their career developing in medical education and training.
These posts are full time for one year at the University of Exeter Medical School in partnership with the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust. Opportunities are available in:
- Core Medical Training – 4 posts (2 mainly focussing on clinical and practical skills teaching, 2 on human sciences teaching)
- Core Surgical Training (2 posts predominantly focussing on anatomy teaching)
- Cardiology (2 posts with a focus on the support and teaching of senior medical students, and cardiology and ward-based teaching).
The posts will be 50% teaching and 50% clinical, with an on-call commitment to the relevant clinical rota. You will teach, demonstrate and assess students in all five years of the University of Exeter Medical School BMBS Programme, as well as contributing to curriculum development and innovation .
The successful applicants will be employed by the University of Exeter but will be awarded honorary NHS contracts with the RDE. For the RDE component of the role the post holder will be a junior Doctor working at CT1/2/ST3 level in terms of responsibility and will be on equivalent NHS terms in regards to salary on the Clinical Lecturer (doctors in training) ('new' 2016 pay system) pay scale.
Key skills and experience include:
- BMBS or equivalent primary medical qualification
- Full GMC registration with licence to practise
- Satisfactory completion of F1 year or higher for CMT and CST posts
- MRCP desirable, but not essential for the Cardiology Teaching Fellow Posts.
For more information on the separate roles, contract details or to apply please click the apply button.