GMS Contract Vacancy in Bargoed, South Wales
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (ABUHB) is seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified General Practitioners to take over a GMS Contract in the town of Bargoed, South Wales.
Bryntirion Surgery is a modern, purpose built health facility located in Bargoed in the Rhymney Valley, in the county borough of Caerphilly just north of Cardiff.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a forward thinking practice with an excellent reputation. There is an enhanced clinical skill mix within the existing team. The GPs are complemented by a well established nursing department led by an Advanced Nurse Practitioner. A robust administration and reception department supports the whole clinical team.
The practice is a high achiever against QOF and provides all essential, additional, and a range of enhanced General Medical Services
- List Size Circa 10,000 patients (as at May 2017)
- Current premises - Purpose built modern, spacious premises with significant expansion space. There is also a pharmacy on site (managed by a corporate body).
- No Out of Hours commitment as OOH services are provided by the Health Board
- The incoming partnership will need to comply with the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Earnings) Regulations (TUPE) in relation to the existing staff.
- Please note that for governance reasons, this contract will not be offered to a sole practitioner. The Health Board would wish to see a minimum GP commitment of the equivalent of 4 whole time GPs, supplemented by additional clinical staff.
- The A469 by-pass road connects with the A465 Heads of the Valleys road to the north and the A470 to the south, serving Cardiff and linking with the east-west Motorway M4.
Informal enquiries can be directed to Dr Liam Taylor, Deputy Medical Director or Victoria Taylor, Head of Primary Care, Tel 01495 241286
Formal expressions of interest and detailed business proposals should be submitted to: Anna Thomas by clicking the apply button or by post to Anna Thomas at Llanarth House, Unit 1 Newbridge Gateway, Bridge Street, Newbridge NP11 5GH.
Please mark the envelope “Confidential - EOI” and give details of your interest, your detailed proposal for the practice and include a named contact for further information.
The closing date for the submission of business proposals is the 24th July 2017.
Should your proposal be accepted by the Health Board you will be invited to attend a selection panel for interview on the 4th August 2017.