Locum Consultant in General Paediatrics
This post is a locum from September 2017 to August 2018 to cover leave for a colleague.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Locum appointment as a Consultant General Paediatrican. Although interest in Diabetes is desirable it is not essential. This post joins a team of Core General Pediatricians at Bristol Royal Hospital for Children from September 2017 until August 2018. This post is to cover a period of unpaid leave. The applicant must have a clear commitment to delivery of Core General Paediatrics with an interest in Diabetes being desirable. The post is an average of 8.43 Pas per week of which 1.32 is SPA.
The successful applicant will share with colleagues the provision of a Core Acute Paediatric Service and contribute to the diabetes service, through working with the Paediatric Endocrine and Diabetes Team. The post will include:
1. Delivering In-Patient and Out-Patient General Paediatric services for children in Bristol and the surrounding area including service week attending for acute Paediatrics.
2. Contribution to a Medical Burns attending system, occasional specialty second on weekends.
3. Rapid access clinics.
4. General Paediatric clinics, both on-site and in neighboring hospitals including South Bristol, Cosham and Southmead.
5. A regular contribution to the Out of hours acute consultant rota and winter pressures duties is also expected.
6. Diabetes work in Weston which includes clinics and attending. (Negotiable if not interested).
The Bristol Royal Hospital for Children provides secondary and tertiary health services for the region, and is the site of regional and supra-regional services in paediatric oncology, bone marrow transplantation, cardiology, cardiac surgery, paediatric surgery, intensive care, neurology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, respiratory medicine, nephrology, neurosurgery, plastics and burns.
For informal discussion and visit to the hospital regarding this post please contact:
Dr Daphin Fernandez
Lead Consultant General Paediatrician
Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
Sec: Lyn Rawlings - 01173428655
Closing Date: 06/07/2017