Consultant Radiation Oncologist
Beautiful environment, no on-call requirements, 40 hour working week, generous annual leave - would you like to work in Tauranga, New Zealand?
The Bay of Plenty New Zealand is famous for its excellent climate, outstanding natural beauty and renowned surf beaches, lakes and parks. It boasts a relaxed outdoor lifestyle and is only a 2.5 hour drive to the vibrancy of cosmopolitan Auckland, New Zealands largest city. We need a full time radiation oncologist, and would be keen to hear from you.
The Kathleen Kilgour Centre is a privately owned, state of the art Radiation Oncology Centre built in 2014. We provide contemporary radiation oncology services to a population of 230,000 in the Bay of Plenty region and beyond. Based on site, are medical oncologists, and haematologists working in a collegial multidisciplinary environment. We have access to high quality palliative care services. The opportunity to develop a private practice and earn extra income is available.
We are keen to hear from radiation oncologists who would like to join our enthusiastic team of four radiation oncologists, particularly if you are familiar with IMRT, VMAT, IGRT, HDR and/or SBRT techniques. We have an established HDR service for the treatment of prostate and skin cancers, and our SBRT service is in its infancy. You would be welcome to assist with these modalities, but experience in either, it is not essential. Our centre is based on site at Tauranga hospital which is linked to the Auckland University School of Medicine. We are a training centre for radiation therapists.
We see 1,000 new patients per annum and participate in multidisciplinary meetings both locally and regionally every week.
Our centre offers an integrated Elekta solution for radiotherapy delivery with two Versa HD linear accelerators, Monaco 5 treatment planning system, MOSAIQ , HDR unit, and Toshiba wide bore CT scanner.
We are a very interested to hear from those with skills in the treatment of head and neck cancer, lymphoma and gynaecological tumours, but we are prepared to be flexible for the right applicant.
- $215,000 - $300,000NZD(dependent on level of experience)
- Private practice opportunities available
- 40 hour working week
- No afterhours work required
- Relocation assistance
- 30 days annual leave
- $16,000NZD Continuing Medical Education allowance, with 10 days leave per annum to participate in educational activities.
- Applicants must hold the Fellowship in Radiation Oncology of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists, or its recognized equivalent
- Registration or eligibility for registration with the New Zealand Medical Council under the scope of Radiation Oncology
- Demonstrated self-motivation with initiative and ability to cope with dynamic work practices.
If you would like to use Tauranga as a base to explore New Zealand and if you love beautiful places, please contact Dr Leanne Tyrie, Clinical Director. Address enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the apply button.
Applications close 5pm July 20th 2017.