Consultant in Critical Care
Applicants are invited to apply for the position of Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust.
NUH has three campuses – Queen’s Medical Centre (QMC), Nottingham City Hospital and Ropewalk House. We provide general hospital services to the 2.5 million residents of Nottingham and its surrounding communities and specialist services to a further 3-4 million across the region.
We are one of the largest employers in the region, with 15,000 people making up ‘team NUH.’ We have 1,500 volunteers and over 14,000 public members.
The Trust’s annual turnover is £940million. We have approximately 1,700 beds (90 wards).
• QMC is our emergency care site, where our Emergency Department, Major Trauma Centre and Nottingham Children’s Hospital are located
• Nottingham City Hospital is where we largely care for patients with long-term conditions and run our elective services. This includes our centres for cancer, haematology, heart disease, urology, respiratory medicine and elective orthopaedics
• In Ropewalk House we provide a range of outpatient services, including hearing services.
We have maternity and neonatal units at QMC and City Hospital.
On average we see:
• 71,006 outpatient appointments a month
• 16,386 outpatient appointments a week
• 3,277 outpatient appointments a day
• 89 elective patients a day
• 1,932 elective patients a month
• 318 daycase patients a day
• 6,892 daycase patients a month
• 2,123 patients pass through the doors at QMC a day
• 536 Emergency Department patients a day
• 557 patients a day (elective, day case and emergency).
We are at the forefront of many research programmes and new surgical procedures. In partnership with The University of Nottingham we host a Biomedical Research Centre carrying out vital research into hearing, digestive diseases, respiratory, musculoskeletal disease, mental health and imaging.
As a teaching trust we have a strong relationship with The University of Nottingham and other universities across the East Midlands, playing an important role in the education and training of doctors, nurses other healthcare professionals.
We are part of the London 2012 Olympic legacy and offer services at the National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine - East Midlands, based at Loughborough University.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join the existing team of Intensive Care Consultants managing the Critical Care.
Applicants must be fully registered with the GMC, and hold a license to practice and be on the Specialist Registrar or within 6 months at the time of interview.
For further details/informal visits contact: Dr T De Beer, 0115 9249924 ext. 66241.
See our website for further details: www.NUHJobs.com/BMJ
For more information and to apply for this position, please click the Apply button.
Closing Date: 21st June 2017