Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist (Maternal Fetal Medicine),
Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist (Maternal Fetal Medicine), Maternal Fetal Medicine, Specialty and Procedural Services, Southport and Robina, Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service.
About the role
Responsible for the delivery of high-quality Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) services to women and their babies by providing a range of services including tertiary fetal diagnostic ultrasound, prenatal diagnosis, fetal therapy, antenatal care for complex pregnancies, pre-pregnancy counselling and perinatal loss/bereavement care.
Work with a team of highly skilled and dedicated health professionals including MFM specialists, midwives and sonographers to provide clinical care, education and research for all aspects of high-risk pregnancy.
The successful applicant will be fully qualified as a RANZCOG MFM sub-specialist, or else have the experience and qualifications that are equivalent to this, and be eligible to apply for FRANZCOG. Active academic interests in both research and education are strongly encouraged. The position would suit someone who is newly-qualified, but could also be adapted to a more senior applicant. The position is perfect for someone who is suitably skilled and qualified aspiring to become the Director of MFM.
Requirements of the role
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or eligibility of registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Overseas applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Certified copies of relevant qualification and registration must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- A qualification and/or relevant experience in tertiary obstetrics ultrasound.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG) or equivalent or eligibility to apply for Fellowship with the FRANZCOG.
- A sub-specialty certification/qualification in obstetrics is highly desirable but applicants who are working towards this qualification, or who have substantial clinical experience in the field would be well regarded.
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment as required by HR Policy B1: [measles, mumps, rubella], varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and [hepatitis B].
- Applicants nearing the completion of their training are welcome to apply.
We offer fabulous employee benefits including
- Permanent full time position
- Estimated total remuneration up to $393 014 p.a., comprising: Base salary from – $166 872 – 211 576 p.a; Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution; Motor vehicle allowance; Professional development allowance; Granted private practice rights
- Overtime and on-call allowances
- Professional indemnity cover
- Professional development leave
- Annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- And much more!
About the unit
Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH) is home to Australia’s newest tertiary Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) service. It was initiated at the time of the opening of GCUH in October 2013 and was formally opened in April 2014. The unit has since grown rapidly into a well-established tertiary service which serves the population of the Gold Coast, as well as greater SE Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
A highly-qualified multi-disciplinary team
A motivated and highly-qualified multi-disciplinary team provides services across the full spectrum of MFM including pre-pregnancy counselling, early pregnancy care, prenatal diagnosis, monitoring of high-risk pregnancy and fetal therapy. There are three specialists and an advanced trainee (Fellow) in a RANZCOG-accredited position. Five sonographers and three midwives are involved in the provision of care to all women. Clinics run every day from Monday to Friday with over 100 occasions of service each week. There are five scanning/counselling rooms with the latest in state-of-the art ultrasound equipment. In addition, there is a fully integrated Perinatal Loss Service providing care to all women experiencing perinatal loss. A ‘Pregnancy after loss’ clinic is currently under development and is expected to commence in the next few months.
A tertiary perinatal service for South-east Queensland /Northern New South Wales
GCUH offers a comprehensive tertiary perinatal service with over 5000 births each year, a well-equipped Centre for Newborn Care with both Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Special Care Nursery cots, and a general paediatric surgical service. Patients are referred from as far north as south Brisbane and the mid-north coast of New South Wales. There are active teaching and research programs across a full range of clinical disciplines including obstetrics and midwifery. Academic staff from Griffith University and Bond University Schools of Medicine are active across many of the clinical programs.
About Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
Gold Coast Health provides public health care services to more than 500,000 people living in one of Australia’s most desired lifestyle destinations – The Gold Coast. With its world-class beaches and hinterland, emerging cultural scene, national sporting teams, several universities and family-friendly atmosphere, the Gold Coast offers unmatched lifestyle opportunities.
With an annual operating budget exceeding $1.2 billion, Gold Coast Health oversees more than 1000 beds across three hospitals, as well as a wide range of community facilities and services. We deliver world-class patient care and by talking to any one of our 6000 employees, you will see why!
How to apply
Apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply” button and submitting a resume and covering letter addressing your suitability to the role by Wednesday, 14 June 2017. Please quote reference GC241412.
Please note: no third party applications will be accepted.
Enquiries: Professor David Ellwood 0427 600 028.
Application Kit: (07) 5687 9040 or https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au
For enquiries, please contact Queensland Health Recruitment Advertising Coordinator on (07) 3636 8285 or email@example.com