2 Consultant Haematologists
Come and join our team of Haematologists in a beautiful part of the world where we believe in quality patient-centred care and a good work/life balance.
Successful applicants can expect:
- To work as part of an established friendly, cohesive and enthusiastic team
- To work in an environment of commitment to excellent patient care and continuing service expansion
- The option to live in a beautiful location with excellent access to all outdoor leisure pursuits.
- Excellent road and rail links, with close proximity to Chester, Liverpool and Manchester
- Access to excellent state and private schools.
Due to retirement and re-location we are looking to recruit two consultant haematologists.
Haematology is a regional service, based on the three main North Wales hospitals of Ysbyty Gwynedd in Bangor, Ysbyty Glan Clwyd in Bodelwyddan and Wrexham Maelor Hospital. These posts will be based between the three sites. Ysbyty Glan Clwyd has a 20 bed in patient ward and day-case chemotherapy unit with facilities for 24 patients simultaneously. Ysbyty Gwynedd has an 18 bed in-patient ward and day-case chemotherapy unit with facilities for 18 patients simultaneously and an active peripheral blood stem cell harvesting and transplant service. Wrexham Maelor Hospital in-patient facilities are shared with the medical directorate and there is a 14 day-case chemotherapy unit.
The Consultant Hematologist positions will involve working at two of the three District General Hospitals (negotiable) with three days a week at one hospital and 2 days a week at another to deliver specialty clinics and services to the population of North Wales. The Haematology service currently provides haemato-oncology and general haematology services across the region. Each of the sites provides out-patient chemotherapy and works closely with the Royal Liverpool University Hospital Liverpool to deliver hemophilia services. The Health Board is looking to enhance its hemophilia service and an interest in this field would be welcomed.
The service aims to provide a spectrum of flexible and responsive services for the population across the Health Board, encompassing:
- A comprehensive Haematology service across the Health Board
- Acute inpatient assessment and treatment
- General and Specialist DGH and Community-based outpatient clinic
- Specialist advice to colleagues in primary and secondary care
- Effective leadership to multidisciplinary staff members of the division
- Effective leadership on the use of technological and service innovation to meet the needs of remote and rural population
- Development of teaching, training and research within the Organisation
In addition these positions provide key leadership roles in the further development of haematology services within north-Wales.
Any applicant who is unable, for personal reasons, to work full-time will be considered for the post. If such a person is appointed, modification of the job content will be discussed on a personal basis in consultation with Consultant colleagues.
The Health Board is the largest health organisation in Wales providing a full range of primary, community, mental health and acute hospital services for a population of 678,000 people across six counties in North Wales, with a budget of £1.3 billion and a workforce of 16,500.
For more information and to apply for this role, please click the Apply button
The Health Board website is www.bcu.wales.nhs.uk
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact Dr Earnest Heartin, Clinical Director, on 01745 448790 ext 2933 or Geraint Roberts, General Manager or Julie Green, Business Manager on 01745 448239.