Specialty Doctors in General Surgery
Why you should join us in the Isle of Man...
- Modern well-equipped hospital
- State of the art medical education facilities
- Study leave allowance of 30 days over three years with funding available
- Attractive relocation package with advice and support on relocation
- Relaxed way of life, friendly people and low crime rates
- Short commutes with no traffic jams!
- Enjoy an outdoor lifestyle - walking, diving, sailing, mountain biking and great beaches
- Over 100 flights a week to London, Dublin and regional airports
- Great environment to raise a family with high standards of pupil behaviour and an extensive range of extracurricular activities
- Low income tax rates, maximum rate is 20%
The Nobles Hospital team is looking to recruit two Specialty Doctors in General Surgery. The post-holders will be working alongside one of four Consultant General Surgeons, each of whom have special interests in either breast surgery, vascular surgery or colorectal surgery. The post is based at Noble’s Hospital which is a modern, bright hospital serving the acute healthcare needs of the Isle of Man. Like the UK NHS, the Isle of Man Health Service is free at the point of delivery.
The Surgical Division is a Division within Noble’s Hospital and includes General Surgery, Critical Care, Anaesthetics, Trauma and Orthopaedics, Surgical Specialties (including Breast Service, Dental and Maxillofacial surgery, Ophthalmology and Urology) and Emergency Department.
There are two single sex surgical wards comprising of 40 beds in total with co-located day surgery unit and brand new endoscopy unit. The General Surgery department is supported by the full range of diagnostic and support services such as MR/CT imaging, Laboratory Medicine, Allied Health Professions. The role will also be supported by a number of Clinical Nurse Specialists within Colorectal Surgery, Endoscopy and Stoma Care.
Noble’s Hospital operates a well-resourced education and training centre called Keyll Darree, which comprises lecture theatre, well stocked medical library, training facilities and a state of the art simulation lab which is operated by trained simulation practitioners. Frequent simulation based surgical training programmes are run from the lab as well as drills to practice emergency procedures.
The Isle of Man is a self-governing dependency within the British Isles. The Termsand C onditions of service are essentially the same as in the United Kingdom with enhancements such as automatic annual incremental pay rises.
For further information about living in the Isle of Man and the Island’s lifestyle visit www.locate.im
More details of the duties of the posts can be obtained from Mr Adrian Shutt, Consultant General Surgery & Clinical Director for Surgery on 01624 650000 or email@example.com
For information regarding Noble’s Hospital and the Isle of Man please contact Oliver Radford, Divisional Manager for Surgery, on (01624) 650141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and to apply for this role, please click the Apply button
Please note the closing date for applications is 28th May 2017.