Occupational Health /Screening Physician
Occupational Health /Screening Physician- Permanent
Iqarus Ltd. aims to provide high quality medical assessments, consultations, sickness absence management, travel health, drug & alcohol testing, well-being, health surveillance, occupational hygiene, training services, managed medical provision on and offshore, and emergency topside & diving services.
Iqarus Occupational Health Division require a full time Occupational Health/Screening Physician to join the clinical team based in Aberdeen. This critical service delivery role requires the successful applicant to deliver an Occupational Medical Service within the General Medical Council (GMC) and Faculty of Occupational Medicine (FOM) Codes of Professional Conduct and Scope of Professional Practice, and to work with the cross divisional Contract Management teams to ensure that services are delivered in line with the Client contract and expectations, whilst providing clinical supervision to any Iqarus or Client medics engaged on the assigned cross-divisional contract(s).
The following minimum qualifications/certification/experience/skills are essential:
- Eligible to work, or resident, in the UK
- Full GMC Registration (licensed to practice medicine)
- Minimum of three years of post-grad experience
- OGUK Registered
- Committed to providing service excellence
- Comprehensive knowledge of English (spoken, written and reading)
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to travel internationally/onshore/offshore to meet client/operational requirements
- Strong IT skills
Preference will be given to those candidates with additional experience/qualification in some, or all, of the following areas:
- Diploma in Occupational Medicine, or above/equivalent
- Relevant experience in Occupational Health
- Providing Topside and/or Diving Out of Hours Services
- Offshore Training, including current Survival, Medical and MIST
- Current ALS/ATLS/BASICs/ACLS Training
- ECG Interpretation
Main duties for the roles include the following (please note this may not be an exhaustive list);
- Efficient delivery of routine screening and specialist medicals, ensuring optimal use of clinic timings and excellent patient care at all times.
- Proactively managing Duty Doctor workload when assigned on Physician rota, including medical checking, network report checking, Medevac consultation, etc. Reporting any Network Provider performance issues to the clinical Network Focal Point.
- Active participation in Topside and/or Diving 365/24/7 rota (includes bank holidays, public holidays and weekends), mobilising offshore to support case management/client when required.
- Conducting on site sick bay/hospital audits as/when required.
- Adhering to the applicable and relevant Code(s) of Conduct at all times.
- Delivery of client’s clinical and/or occupational health services in line with the contract and client’s expectations (including clinics, absence reviews and policy and/or procedure reviews).
- Assist in the implementation of new contracts and services.
- Attend regular client meetings, closing out any assigned actions in a timely manner.
- Provide advice and guidance to support client’s occupational health programs.
- Log and respond to client queries in accordance with contractual service level agreements (SLA’s) and/or key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Where applicable, Clinical supervision of medics on assigned contract(s) to deliver services in line with legislation, and the contract and client’s expectations.
- Consistent application of medical policies and procedures.
At the forefront of our Occupational Health Division’s operations, this role offers a fantastic opportunity to work with a pioneering Company, with over 40 years’ experience, in delivering the services within offshore medical support and occupational health fields.
Interested candidates who may wish to discuss the position further can contact either Dr. Stuart Scott (Medical Director) firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Alan Prentice (Lead Physician) email@example.com
Start date: ASAP Closing date: 8th May 2017
Upload your application, including full CV and certificates by clicking on the apply button.