Governing Body - Secondary Care Doctor
Senior doctor with significant secondary care experience required for Lewisham CCG Governing Body
NHS Lewisham CCG wishes to appoint a doctor with senior secondary care experience to serve on its Governing Body, to shape and develop delivery of local healthcare strategy.
The time commitment would be 2.5 days per month.
The clinician ready to take up this role will have a unique opportunity to:
- gain a comprehensive understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the CCG both individually and where it works collaboratively
- bring strategic leadership across a complex and diverse health system
- help to promote understanding and collaboration across the health economy
We are looking for the post holder to contribute insights from their experience of collaborative working, from interest in planned or unplanned secondary care, tertiary services, or from mental health. To be suitable you will:
- be a consultant experienced in secondary care and is either currently in practice has done so at some point in the 10 years prior to appointment
- have a high level of understanding of how care is delivered in secondary care
- have previous experience of working in a collective decision-making group, such as a board or committee, or high-level awareness of board-level working
- not be employed by any organisation from which the CCG secures a significant volume of provision (i.e. have no conflicts of interest)
The role is for an initial two year term.
Remuneration for the role will be set by the CCG, commensurate with the experience and seniority of the applicant, and in line with NHS guidelines.
For more information on the role, the appointment process, and some background on the CCG and to apply please visit the NHS Jobs website www.jobs.nhs.uk and search for Job Reference: 477-LEW58 or use the link as provided: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/78a0d116f48f7f49311c3ad608314d39/?vac_ref=914594805
Closing date for applications: 09-May-2017.
Interviews are likely to be held during May 2017.