Director of Psychology
Medacs Healthcare is currently looking for Director of Psychology for a well-known Paediatrics and Women's Health hospital in Doha, Qatar.
Our client is an ultramodern, fully digital academic medical facility incorporating the most advanced information technology applications in clinical, research and business functions. The hospital aims to set new standards in patient care for women and children and be a pioneer in clinical and translational biomedical research, providing a diversity and quality of care conducive to training medical students and highly skilled clinicians.
Our client is also offering highly attractive Salary and Benefits Packages to attract talent and encourage organisational loyalty and high performance.
Although our client opened in Mid-2016 and is currently treating out-patients, they won't officially open their doors until 2018. As such, staff will both treat patients and may also be involved in shaping the setup of this new facility and striving towards the hospital's goal of becoming a world leading medical and research center.
Interviews will be held in person on the 29th & 30th April 2017 in London. To register your interest and secure an interview, please apply!
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Evaluates the seriousness of issues and makes decisions regarding the most effective and suitable treatment options
- Responsible for the administration functions of the Psychological Services.
- Provides training for staff and students in the evidence-based practice of clinical psychology.
- Undertakes the performance appraisal to meet the professional standards of Psychologists.
- Ensures optimal psychology coverage at all times across Sidra in various settings including consultation/Liaison, Emergency Department, clinics and inpatient units.
- Oversees the ordering and availability of various psychological instruments.
- Provides therapy and assessment supervision of clinical students and trainees.
- Teaches undergraduate and/or graduate level clinical courses.
- Liaises with community to establish collaborations.
- Formulates and implements plans for the formal psychological treatment and/or management of psychological problems, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the problems, and employing methods of proven efficacy, across the full range of care settings.
- Undertakes clinical activity by implementing a range of psychological interventions, adjusting and refining psychological formulations drawing upon different explanatory models and maintaining a number of provisional hypotheses.
- Evaluates and makes decisions about treatment options taking into account both theoretical and therapeutic models and highly complex factors concerning historical and developmental processes that have shaped the individual.
- Provides specialist psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to patient's formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Undertakes risk assessment and risk management for individual patients and provides general advice to other professionals on psychological aspects of risk assessment and management.
- Keeps abreast with current literature, talks with colleagues, and participates in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in psychology.
- Prepares scientific and technical reports or presentations.
- Acts as Lead for Psychological research.
- Mentors the psychology staff and trainees.
- Publishes in peer reviewed journals.
- Takes the lead on developing training programs for psychology.
- Presents at National & International level at the conferences.
- Provides teaching and training of students, interns, residents, fellows and other professionals.
- Initiates involvement in service development and expansion. Has a key role in developing services, multi-professional liaison and consultation.
- Provides individual or group therapy for children and families, in both inpatient and outpatient settings as needed. Ensures that patient participation and input is integrated with the overall treatment plan.
- Maintains confidentiality with regards to information exchanged or received in the current capacity of role in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Adheres to Sidra's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra's values
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
PhD in clinical psychology
- 8+ years' experience as a practicing clinical psychologist, including 3+ year should be in the area of Psychology Departmental leadership role in an academic setting
Certification and Licensure:
- Valid medical licensure in country of practice
- Ability to obtain medical license in Qatar
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in theoretical psychological techniques and expertise in providing consultations
- Demonstrated experience in diagnosing and providing consultation to child / young adult patients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
The hospital is offering competitive salary and benefits packages to encourage organizational loyalty and high performance. To hear more about these fantastic opportunities in Qatar please apply!