Clinical Academics, Medical and Dental for five-year tenure track Senior Research Fellowships
Applications are invited from outstanding early career clinical academics, medical and dental, for five-year tenure track senior research fellowships to be held in one of the five Scottish Universities with Medical or Dental Schools.
Funded by a partnership between the Chief Scientist Office, Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorates (which together support NHS Research Scotland, NRS) and the Universities of Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow and St. Andrews, the scheme represents the post-CCT element of the Scottish Clinical Research Excellence Development Scheme. The Academy of Medical Sciences will partner the stakeholders, assisting an international selection panel with peer review and providing independent mentorship to those appointed.
The scheme provides an attractive research-focused entry point to a permanent clinical academic career in one of five excellent research environments. As applications require support from the Head of the Medical/Dental School(s) judged by potential applicants to fit best with their planned research programmes, you are encouraged to make specific enquiries of each of the partner Universities:
• Aberdeen: Professor Steven Heys, Head of School of Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition, University of Aberdeen, Polwarth Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD;
• Dundee: Professor Gary Mires, Dean of Medicine, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, DD1 9SY, Tel: 01382 383540, Email: email@example.com; Website: www.dundee.ac.uk
• Edinburgh: Professor Moira Whyte, Head of the Edinburgh Medical School, The University of Edinburgh, The Queen’s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, EH16 4TJ; Tel: 0131 242 9313; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: www.ed.ac.uk
• Glasgow: Professor Dame Anna Dominiczak, Vice-Principal and Head of College, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, The University of Glasgow, Wolfson Medical School
• St. Andrews: Professor David Crossman, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, University of St Andrews, Medical School, North Haugh, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9TF; Tel: 01334 463597;
Applicants should have post-doctoral (PhD/MD) research experience, a strong publication record in your discipline and have won competitive research or fellowship funding at some time prior to application. The scheme is available to those working in the full range of medical and dental disciplines, including academic primary care and public health.
Full applications must be received by 5pm Monday, 12 June 2017 and should be made via Universities Scotland by email to Nicola Cowsill (email@example.com), from whom further particulars are available. Alternatively please click the apply button.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview in Edinburgh on 20th October 2017. Posts will commence on a date agreed with the host institution.
Posts will be held on the clinical academic consultant scale (£78,304 to £105,570).
Closing date: 5pm Monday, 12 June 2017.