Consultant in Paediatric Intensive Care
Medacs Healthcare is currently looking for a Consultant in Paediatric Intensive Care for a well-known Paediatrics and Women's Health hospital in Doha, Qatar.
Our client is an ultramodern, fully digital academic medical facility incorporating the most advanced information technology applications in clinical, research and business functions. The hospital aims to set new standards in patient care for women and children and be a pioneer in clinical and translational biomedical research, providing a diversity and quality of care conducive to training medical students and highly skilled clinicians.
Our client is also offering highly attractive Salary and Benefits Packages to attract talent and encourage organisational loyalty and high performance.
Although our client opened in Mid-2016 and is currently treating out-patients, they won't officially open their doors until 2018. As such, staff will both treat patients and may also be involved in shaping the setup of this new facility and striving towards the hospital's goal of becoming a world leading medical and research center.
Interviews will either be held in person in April 2017 in London. To register your interest and secure an interview, please apply!
Sidra Medical & Research Center's Department of Pediatrics will provide world class excellence in clinical care, teaching and biomedical research for the women and children of Qatar. The Department of Pediatrics coordinates its surgical services with Hamad Medical Corporation and collaborates in research and educational activity with Weill Cornell Medical College - Qatar. The level of national interest and support in medical quality, education, innovative research and technology has already resulted in significant discoveries and highly functional research organizations that will collaborate with Sidra.
The Attending Physician in Paediatric Intensive care is responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care; effective and efficient diagnosing, managing and treating all patients placed under the role holder's care.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care and services
- Regularly reviews results of all investigations and modifies treatment as required.
- Provides clinical excellence by effective and efficient diagnosis, management, and treatments of all patients.
- Delivers safe, effective, and holistic clinical services within accepted standards of care.
- Accurately documents all relevant clinical information in a clear and timely fashion in accordance with established procedures.
- Supports, implements, and follows all hospital, departmental and divisional initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Liaises with colleagues, Allied Health staff, nursing, administrative and support services staff for additional input as required.
- Complies with all hospital polices regarding admissions, consultations, procedures, discharge protocols, outpatient and follow up practices.
- Practices appropriate utilization of the organization's resources.
- Demonstrates an active interest in educating and fostering future academic leaders nationally and internationally through active participation in education initiatives.
- Demonstrates an active interest and involvement in research by initiating innovative clinical or research outcomes or collaborating on research projects to support the Sidra vision.
- Demonstrates commitment to Continued Medical Education (CME).
- Keeps abreast of the current, relevant literature and the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
- Performs other clinical responsibilities as assigned.
- Adheres to Sidra's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra's Values
- In view of the evolving needs and opportunities within Sidra, this position may be required to perform other duties as assigned and reporting relationships may vary.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Completion of a residency program in Pediatrics or Intensive Care
- Completion of a fellowship in Paediatric Intensive Care
- 2+ years of post-certification/residency in clinical care or education in the relevant field from a North American Academic/ Health care Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, or other European Countries with accredited and recognized board, Australia or New Zealand.
- Certification and Licensure
- Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice
The hospital is offering competitive salary and benefits packages to encourage organizational loyalty and high performance. To hear more about these fantastic opportunities in Qatar please apply!