Consultant in Adult Psychiatry for Women's Mental Health
Medacs Healthcare is currently looking for a Consultant in Adult Psychiatry for Women's Mental Health for a well-known Paediatrics and Women's Health hospital in Doha, Qatar.
Our client is an ultramodern, fully digital academic medical facility incorporating the most advanced information technology applications in clinical, research and business functions. The hospital aims to set new standards in patient care for women and children and be a pioneer in clinical and translational biomedical research, providing a diversity and quality of care conducive to training medical students and highly skilled clinicians.
Our client is also offering highly attractive Salary and Benefits Packages to attract talent and encourage organisational loyalty and high performance.
Although our client opened in Mid-2016 and is currently treating out-patients, they won't officially open their doors until 2018. As such, staff will both treat patients and may also be involved in shaping the setup of this new facility and striving towards the hospital's goal of becoming a world leading medical and research center.
Interviews will either be held in person in April 2017 in London. To register your interest and secure an interview, please apply!
The Attending Physician is responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care; effective and efficient diagnosing, managing and treating all patients placed under the role holder's care. The Attending Physician makes recommendations, orders appropriate therapeutics and diagnostics as per the patient's diagnosed condition.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care and services within Women Mental Health.
- Experience in diagnosis, assessment and treatment of perinatal psychiatric conditions like postpartum depression, postpartum psychosis, anxiety and depression during pregnancy.
- Conducts Ward rounds, reassesses inpatients and/or outpatients on a regular basis, in line with established best practice.
- Regularly reviews results of all investigations and modifies treatment as required.
- Provides clinical excellence by effective and efficient diagnoses, manages, and treats all patients placed under post holder's care.
- Delivers safe, effective, and holistic clinical services within accepted standards of care.
- Accurately documents all relevant clinical information in a clear and timely fashion in accordance with established procedures.
- Supports, implements, and follows all hospital, departmental and divisional initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Liaises with colleagues, Allied Health staff, nursing, administrative and support services staff for additional input as required.
- Complies with all hospital polices regarding admissions, consultations, daily patient care, discharge protocols, outpatient and follow up practices.
- Practices appropriate utilization of the organization's resources.
- Demonstrates an active interest in educating and fostering future academic leaders nationally and internationally through active participation in education initiatives.
- Demonstrates an active interest in teaching of medical students, residents and fellows.
- Demonstrates an active interest and involvement in research by initiating innovative clinical or research outcomes or collaborating on research projects to support the Sidra vision.
- Demonstrates commitment to Continued Medical Education (CME).
- Keeps abreast of the current, relevant literature and the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
- Performs other clinical responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Completion of residency program in the specialty area from an accredited Western Board.
- Subspecialty Fellowship in Women Mental Health (or equivalent training or certification) preferred
- 2+ years of post-certification/residency in clinical care or education in General Psychiatry with experience in Women Mental Health from a North American Academic/ Health care Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, or other European Countries with accredited and recognized board, Australia or New Zealand.
- Research, Education or Administration experience
- Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area
- Board Certification or its equivalent in Psychiatry from an accredited Western Board.
- Strong Medical Knowledge of established and evolving practice, Diagnostics, Therapeutics and training.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with varied staff efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to changing workloads.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
The hospital is offering competitive salary and benefits packages to encourage organizational loyalty and high performance. To hear more about these fantastic opportunities in Qatar please apply!