Consultants in Intensive Care Medicine
Opportunities at The Royal Oldham Hospital, Fairfield General Hospital and North Manchester General Hospital
The Critical Care teams at the Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust are looking to appoint enthusiastic and quality driven Anaesthetic/Intensive Care Consultants to join existing teams across our three sites. We would encourage applications from Consultant Anaethetists and or Consultants without a base speciality. Your role will offer variety and flexibility in providing you with opportunities to support different teams at either North Manchester General Hospital or between The Royal Oldham Hospital and Fairfield General Hospital. The varied nature of this role means that we would welcome applications from Consultants with joint or dual specialty training in Intensive Care with Anaesthetics, Emergency Medicine, Acute Medicine or Respiratory Medicine.
At present there is a shared rota split between ROH/FGH, with a separate rota for NMGH. The Critical Care Service within The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust is currently delivered on three sites:
- North Manchester General Hospital (NMGH) 6 HDU / 6 ICU beds
- The Royal Oldham Hospital (TROH) 8 HDU / 8 ICU beds
- Fairfield General Hospital (FGH) 2 HDU / 4 ICU beds
All three sites mentioned host most acute specialties. North Manchester General is a large and busy site, providing much needed care to the community that it serves and offers an interesting case mix due to the socio-economic challenges of its local population. Our Oldham site is recognised as a hub hospital in the Healthier Together vision for the future of Greater Manchester Healthcare Commissioning and in the near future is likely to see an increase in patient flow that will provide huge opportunities for the Critical Care teams. Fairfield General forms an integral part of the Trust and the teams are well known for their work in high quality Stroke and Cardiology care.
(Please refer to the Job pack on our webpage for more information).
Our Commitment to You
- An energetic and dynamic leadership team with clear vision for the continued success of their unit
- Opportunities to be involved in the training and mentoring of both junior doctors training in ICM and ACCPs
- Support for your own personal development utilising our strong links with local universities
- A flexible approach to job planning that delivers a working environment to best suit you and your team offering a work life balance
Your Valued Contribution
This is a determined team with exciting plans for growth and development in the future. We are looking for an experienced individual with equal vision, tenacity and flexibility in their approach.
A strong team player, you’ll be someone who remains calm under pressure, with an ability to take charge when needed with an encouraging and supportive approach. Your clear passion for high quality and compassionate patient care will be second to none.
We’d welcome the opportunity to meet with you and show you what working with our brilliant teams could mean for your future career.
- The Royal Oldham Hospital Site Lead - Dr Redmond Tully on 0161 627 8385 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fairfield General Hospital Site Lead - Dr Andrew Drummond on 0161 627 8841 or email@example.com
- North Manchester General Hospital Site Lead -Dr Mark Longshaw on 0161 720 2443 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an application, please click the apply button.
Closing Date: Saturday 29 April 2017.
Interviews Date: Friday 23 June 2017.