Surgical Registrar (FY2+)
Surgical Registrar (FY2+) - June 2017
At Canterbury District Health Board, you will gain world class experience in the South Island’s largest tertiary, teaching and research hospitals! With over 450 Resident Doctors employed at the CDHB, we pride ourselves on our level of medical education, training and supervision. Come live in ‘the garden city’ with hills, beaches and ski fields at our fingertips!
- A 6-month or 12-month role commencing in June 2017.
- As a Basic Training Registrar, you will rotate through one - two surgery specialities, such as General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Neurosurgery, ENT and Orthopaedic Surgery.
What's in it for Me?
- Live in a vibrant and emerging city, with a creative undercurrent. If you enjoy the outdoors, the hills and beaches are a 20 minute drive from the city! Enjoy skiing? We have several ski fields within a 2-4 hour drive of the city. To find out more, visit: http://www.pocketsofawesome.co.nz/things-to-do/why-christchurch-should-make-your-bucket-list/
- We have a specific training programme on offer for all Surgical Education Trainees. We will help you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you.
- Access support at all hours, including after-hours support from Clinical Team Coordinators and SMOs.
Skills and Experience
- You will have completed at least two years following graduation (PGY2+ or FY2+) by June 2017. Please note that advanced training is unnecessary (see http://www.healthcareers.org.nz/international/GettingStarted/Registration/MedicalProfessionals/tabid/503/language/en-US/Default.aspx).
- You must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council’s website at www.mcnz.org.nz)
- Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do. Hapai i a matou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i nga hua?
How to Apply
The application process will take approximately fifteen minutes to complete and you will be required to submit electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, as well as the contact details for three referees.
For further information, email Tessa Jamieson at: Tessa.Jamieson@cdhb.health.nz
To apply please click the apply button.
Applications close midnight on Tuesday, 25 April 2017.