Psychologists - Women's Health & Child and Adolescent
Medacs Healthcare is currently looking for Adult Psychologists - Women's Mental Health and Child and Adolescent Psychologists for a well-known Paediatrics and Women's Health hospital in Doha, Qatar.
Our client is an ultramodern, fully digital academic medical facility incorporating the most advanced information technology applications in clinical, research and business functions. The hospital aims to set new standards in patient care for women and children and be a pioneer in clinical and translational biomedical research, providing a diversity and quality of care conducive to training medical students and highly skilled clinicians.
Our client is also offering highly attractive Salary and Benefits Packages to attract talent and encourage organisational loyalty and high performance.
Although our client opened in Mid-2016 and is currently treating out-patients, they won't officially open their doors until 2018. As such, staff will both treat patients and may also be involved in shaping the setup of this new facility and striving towards the hospital's goal of becoming a world leading medical and research center.
Interviews will be held in person on the 29th & 30th April 2017 in London. To register your interest and secure an interview, please contact us on 00 44 203 096 4633 or MiddleEastJobs@medacs.com
The Department of Psychiatry will provide world class child and adolescent psychiatry and women mental health services for Sidra Medical and Research Center. The Department of Psychiatry will provide outstanding education to the medical students, residents and fellows. The Department of Psychiatry will foster the innovative clinical and basic research in the field of child and adolescent psychiatry and women mental health. The Department of Psychiatry coordinates its medical services and collaborates its research and educational activities with Hamad Medical Corporation and Weill Cornell Medical College - Qatar. It is anticipated that by providing specialist and subspecialist expertise in an integrated team environment and concomitantly conducting research, Sidra will become a substantive referral center for patients within Qatar and the region.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provides specialist psychological assessments and diagnosis for patients referred to the team based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex psychological data from a variety of sources including psychological and neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with clients, family members and others involved in the client's care
- Provides clinical formulations and comprehensive written reports regarding assessments completed or tests administered
- Provides specialized clinical psychological input to patients and/or families including assessment results and proposed psychological interventions for patients with long term complex clinical presentations
- Formulates and implements plans for the formal psychological treatment and/or management of a patient's mental health problems, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the patient's problems, and employing methods of proven efficacy, across the full range of care settings
- Implements a range of psychological interventions, adjusting and refining psychological formulations drawing upon different explanatory models and maintaining a number of provisional hypotheses
- Evaluates and makes decisions about treatment options taking into account both theoretical and therapeutic models and highly complex factors concerning historical and developmental processes that have shaped the individual
- Provides specialist psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to patient's formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan
- Undertakes risk assessment and risk management for individual patients and provides general advice to other professionals on psychological aspects of risk assessment and management
- Provides group therapy in both inpatient and outpatient settings as needed. Makes sure that patient participation and input is integrated with the overall treatment plan
- Maintains confidentiality with regards to information exchanged or received in the current capacity of role in accordance with departmental guidelines
- Adheres to Sidra's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
PhD in clinical psychology
3+ years' experience as a practicing clinical psychologist, of which 1 year should be in the area of women's psychology
Certification and Licensure:
- Valid medical licensure in country of practice
- Ability to obtain medical license in Qatar
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in theoretical psychological techniques and expertise in providing consultations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Preferred Arabic written and spoken
The hospital is offering competitive salary and benefits packages to encourage organizational loyalty and high performance. To hear more about these fantastic opportunities in Qatar please contact us on 00 44 203 096 4633 or MiddleEastJobs@medacs.com