Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s busiest and most successful NHS foundation trusts.
An internationally recognised centre of excellence for cancer care and research, Weston Park Cancer Centre is one of only four dedicated cancer hospitals in England.
With a world-leading reputation, patients travel from all across the country and further afield in order to receive the specialist treatments and care for which Weston Park is renowned.
Our patients and their families are our number one priority and we are proud to offer the whole spectrum of cancer care at our hospital: Opportunities to be involved in pioneering research and trials; Radiotherapy and chemotherapy care provided using state of the art technology, taking place in the only radiotherapy department in the region; information and support offered to our patients and their families in the purpose built Cancer Information and Support Centre.
This is an exciting time to join the oncology team as we’re currently embarking on an ambitious 5- year strategy which includes an expansion in consultant numbers. In addition, our wards are currently undergoing refurbishment, one of which is now complete and features the latest technology.
- Sheffield has obtained £60 million for cancer-related research over the last five years
- We are proud to be in the top 20% of NHS Trusts for patient satisfaction
- Our staff have rated us as one of the top 20 NHS Trusts to work for
- Recognised SABR centre for primary lung cancer and oligometastases
Sheffield is England’s fourth-largest city, with a population of over half a million. We have a wealth of facilities you would expect to find in a major city, yet maintain a welcoming and accessible feel. We are a friendly city with a prosperous economy and relatively low cost of living, all of which makes for an excellent quality of life.
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s busiest and most successful NHS foundation trusts. We are looking to appoint full or part-time:
- Consultant Clinical Oncologists – with an interest in the management of Breast Cancer - STH-17-061
- Consultant Medical Oncologists – with an interest in the management of Breast Cancer - STH-17-066
- Consultant Clinical Oncologists – with an interest in the management of Urological Cancer - STH-17-068
We anticipate further posts in other clinical teams and therefore encourage applicants to contact us for further discussion as, were these additional posts approved prior to the interview date, shortlisted candidates would be considered.
To enquire about the position please contact Dr Patricia Fisher (Clinical Director for Specialised Cancer Services) via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Shaiju Paul (Medical HR Manager) Shaiju.Paul@sth.nhs.uk or click the apply button.
All applications are to be submitted via NHS Jobs using the corresponding job reference number detailed above. The deadline for this round of applications is 30th April 2017.