Ten reasons why you should become a member
The BMA represents you and 169,000 fellow doctors. We are here to stand up for your rights and fight hard to champion the profession at national and local levels. From being a medical student to your retirement, we make sure you have career support, guidance and advice —every step of the way.
- Have your voice heard where it matters. Our negotiating committees work tirelessly behind the scenes to defend terms and conditions.
- Don’t face difficult situations alone. Our expert employment advisers can help you with a number of issues including; contracts, pay, annual and parental leave, discrimination and more.
- Ensure your contract is correct. Our employment law experts can save you from dealing with problems in the future by highlighting any issues in your contract within five working days.
- Keep up with medical news and best practice. Members are entitled to a number of benefits from BMJ including a monthly subscription to The BMJ and access to professional development courses.
- Build your portfolio and gain confidence. Our selection of free and discounted non-clinical courses will provide you with the new skills you need to flourish at work.
- Get clarity on your NHS pension. Our team of pension experts can guide you through complexities and help you stay on top of changes to your pension.
- Discover all the study resources you need. The BMA library has a range of text books, e-books, e-journals and online research tools, and if you can’t visit in person, take advantage of the free UK postal loan service.
- Speak to a counsellor in confidence. If you are in distress or difficulty and want to speak to someone, our counsellors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Preferential rates on legal advice from BMA Law. Whether you’re a GP partner concerned about protecting your working relationships, or you need a will or conveyancing, BMA Law can help.
- Make the most of your money. If you’re seeking independent financial advice, personal or commercial insurance, or a foreign exchange specialist, our preferred partners have got you covered.